|It has been suggested that this article be moved to .|
Please discuss whether or not to move it on its .
A snow tile is a type of tile that first appeared in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
- sinking only minimally, which does not affect movement speed;
- sinking a moderate amount, preventing running;
- sinking a lot, preventing running and halving walking speed; and
- sinking the farthest possible, preventing running and reducing walking speed to 1/4.
It is not possible for the player to cycle over a snow tile.
In Pokémon X and Y, snow tiles can only be traversed by riding Mamoswine. A Mamoswine Ride Pokémon is available on Route 17 for the player to use. Wild Pokémon can appear when the player traverses snow tiles, even when there is no tall grass.
Certain moves have special effects when used in a battle on a snow tile.
- Secret Power: has a 30% chance of freezing its target and the appearance of Avalanche
- Nature Power
- Camouflage: makes the user Ice-type
|Special tiles in the Pokémon games|
|Cave tile • Hole • Ice tile • Ledge • Marsh tile • Puddle • Sand tile • Snow tile|
Spin tile • Soft soil • Tall grass • Trap • Warp tile • Water tile
|This game mechanic article is part of Project Games, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on the Pokémon games.|