From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: Missing other languages section.
Proteam Omega (Japanese: タウリナーΩ Tauriner Omega), known as Taurina Omega in the Chuang Yi translation, is a mecha anime directed by the Radio Director that Diamond and Silver are huge fans of in the Pokémon Adventures manga series. The anime is the reason why Diamond works so hard to prevent Cyrus from accomplishing his goals of creating an emotionless world.
Proteam Omega's formation
Proteam Omega is a giant robot that defends the world. When a crisis occurs, Commander Venusaur calls his team:
- Pikachu controls Tauri-Plane (Japanese: タウリプレーン), a biplane;
- Poliwrath controls Tauri-Liner (Japanese: タウリライナー), a train;
- Gyarados controls Tauri-Ship (Japanese: タウリシップ), a boat;
- Aerodactyl controls Tauri-Balloon (Japanese: タウリバルーン), a hot air balloon;
- Snorlax controls Tauri-Rescue (Japanese: タウリレスキュー), a fire truck.
When all five unite their vehicles, Proteam Omega is formed. Its antagonist is Demon Brioche (Japanese: デモニッシュ デニッシュ Demonish Danish), known as Devilish Dennis in the Chuang Yi translation.
Proteam Omega's origins were revealed in All About Arceus IX. The Radio Director, having witnessed the training of Red and Gold in Mt. Silver, was inspired and decided to direct a show based on Red's Pokémon team. Initially, Gold was peeved because the director did not adhere to his team as well and demanded that the director put his team in the show as well. Silver became addicted to the show and frequently used the TV in Gold's house to watch it.
Proteam Omega first appeared in A Bevy of Bidoof, where Diamond is seen watching it and singing its theme song. In Robust Rotom, Diamond and Pearl spot two mysterious figures while going through the Eterna Forest. When they go inside the Old Chateau and are attacked by a Rotom, who is hiding in a television, Diamond uses the figures he saw earlier to find the hidden Rotom, as the mysterious figures he saw were the villains from an episode of Proteam Omega.
Diamond brings up Proteam Omega when the Celestic Ruins are attacked by Cyrus in Problematic Probopass and Mad Magnezone II, where he compares Team Galactic to Proteam Omega's enemy, the Demon Brioche and its minions.
In Luring in a Lickilicky, when Diamond fights a wild Lickilicky, he finds out that it was trying to protect a pile of stolen objects, including a Proteam Omega toy. In the next round, Diamond attempts to return all of the items his newly captured Lickilicky, Kit, had stolen. When he goes to return the Proteam Omega toy, he finds out that it was thrown away by the child who previously owned it, thus allowing him to keep it for himself. He decides to play with his newly acquired toy, but it runs off with Diamond chasing after it, eventually leading him to Platinum's house.
When infiltrating the Galactic shuttle, Diamond reveals that he always thought that people as evil as the Proteam Omega villains were made up and couldn't ever exist in reality. However, during his adventures, he was shocked to find out that such villains really exist, and swears that he cannot allow such evil to exist.
In The Final Dimensional Duel XI, Rotom infuses itself with a Proteam Omega toy in order to take and destroy Charon's Pokémon controlling device, after which it promptly shocks the Team Galactic Commander into submission.
- The live-action puppets used in Proteam Omega's show represent Red's Pokémon, while Demon Brioche represents a Team Rocket Grunt.
- Proteam Omega, along with several other shows similar to it, is named after a Vitamin. In the case of Proteam Omega, it is named after the Protein (Japanese: タウリン Taurine).
- In All About Arceus IX, Silver is seen watching Proteam Hexa (Japanese: ブロムヘキサーΣ Bromhexer Sigma), which is named after the Iron (Japanese: ブロムヘキシン Bromhexine).
- In An Odd Speech, a list of Gigi's filmography was shown. In it, she was noted to have acted in the live action version of Calcium Man: The Movie (Japanese: リゾチウマーα Lysozymer Alpha), which is named after the Calcium (Japanese: リゾチウム Lysozyme).