Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
User talk:Pikachu9000/Archive 1
| This is a talk page archive.
It contains old discussions of topics relating to the user. Please do not add or remove any content from it.
Below the "Welcome" Section and table is a set of rules and guidelines for my User Talk Page. PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE POSTING OR EDITING ANYTHING ON MY USER TALK PAGE!!!
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Rules of my User Talk Page
- 2.1 Rule 1: No Swearing
- 2.2 Rule 2: No Edit Wars
- 2.3 Rule 3: Follow the Golden Rule
- 2.4 Rule 4: Ask me BEFORE Editing any Content on This Page
- 2.5 Rule 5: Follow the Bulbapedia Manual of Style at All Times
- 2.6 Rule 6: Don't Come to Me With Questions
- 2.7 Rule 7: Don't Change the Rules of my Talk Page
- 2.8 Rule 8: Read the Text Below the Edit Box
- 2.9 Rule 9: Have Fun!
- 3 BW022
- 4 Talk Page Comments
- 5 Your behavior
- 6 Please...
- 7 The Preview Button
- 8 Hello
Rules of my User Talk Page
Hi! Welcome to my User Talk Page! Since it's somewhat quiet around here most of the time, I'd like to set up some ground rules for my talk page to make sure that no feelings get hurt, no edits are unnecessary, and that everyone has fun on it while making sure that they follow the rules as well. So I guess we'll get started.
Rule 1: No Swearing
Since Bulbapedia is used by many people worldwide, many of them being kids under the age of 13, I'd like to make sure that if someone in that age group comes upon my talk page they wouldn't see any offensive language, including minor words as well. So that means no quotes from Family Guy, no swearing out of frustration, nothing. I'd like to have a user talk page that can be read by everyone without having them being offended.
Rule 2: No Edit Wars
Well this should be obvious to many of you. This is strongly frowned upon on the mainspace, so I believe that it should be frowned upon here as well. Edit wars are notorious for creating enemies between users along with grudges as well. On my talk page, everyone should be nice to each other and should start friendships, which can lead to working together in order to make the mainspace a better place due to cooperation, collaberating between each other to share ideas, and other factors. Edit wars can also put the sanity of my userpage (along with every other page on Bulbapedia) at risk, which is what I don't want. Edit wars also hurt the feelings of whoever's comment was removed or reposted without their permission. So don't start edit wars please!
Rule 3: Follow the Golden Rule
This should be just a plain rule of common sense: Follow the Golden Rule. In other words, treat others the way you want to be treated. This can easily be followed by respecting other users, no hurting any feelings, and/or trying to make friends every now and again. Who knows? It might just pay off!
Rule 4: Ask me BEFORE Editing any Content on This Page
This rule is just so that I don't get the wrong idea if a user changes my work. I may assume that they may be trying to hurt my feelings by rejecting my work and changing it on my talk page, which I find UNACCEPTABLE. Please state your reasoning for editing it (i.e. Doesn't make sense, Violates the Manual of Style, etc.), its location (i.e. Section 12, Line 104, etc.), and how it will affect other articles if changed (i.e. It will make replies to this unnecessary, It will make the section after it easier to understand, etc.) and I'll inspect the section in question. If I agree with your reasoning and how it will affect other articles if changed, which I don't guarantee, I will change the content personally. If I don't agree with your reasoning and/or how it will affect other articles, I will let you know and tell you why I disagree. This rule also applies if you plan on editing any other user's content (besides your own). Although, for that, you must first notify BOTH me and the user who posted the content.
Rule 5: Follow the Bulbapedia Manual of Style at All Times
This rule is self-explantory. Just do what the Manual of Style says and I'm okay with it.
Rule 6: Don't Come to Me With Questions
If you need a hand with Bulbapedia, don't come to me! I may have a article on MAGNEDETH's Talk Page, but that doesn't mean that I have all the answers! My user has only been here since October 10, 2010 for crying out loud! And I've only been playing Pokémon games a lot since June 6th, 2010! So I don't have all of the answers! Go to a Bulbapedia Staff Member, the forums, or an article's talk page for that!
Rule 7: Don't Change the Rules of my Talk Page
Since these rules are guidelines for my Talk Page, PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THEM. Doing so will result in IMMEDIATE undoing of the edit. If you feel that they need to be changed, please tell me what you think should be changed, I'll take a look at it and, if I agree, I'll change them. If I disagree, I'll notify you. Changing the rules without consulting me first can result in many unwanted rule changes, unnecessary rules, and rules that allow someone to do something that I don't agree on, along with others if they are not changed back immediately. So please don't edit these rules yourself. ALWAYS consult me first!
Rule 8: Read the Text Below the Edit Box
Many users fail to read the text below the edit box while editing pages. I do not want that to happen on my User Talk Page. Following this rule is simple enough. Read the text below the Character Palette, make sure your edit follows those rules, and make sure that you merge edits if necessary to make sure that nobody's work is left out.
Rule 9: Have Fun!
Very simple to follow. Just have fun on my user talk page and follow these rules and all will be well.
More rules to come soon! So follow the rules, make sure that you preview, save your wanted edits, and remember to add a signature with a timestamp to your work!
- Okay. I was going to delete the topic anyway because I found the video I needed, so I guess that's pretty much it. Have a nice day!
Talk Page Comments
Removing talk page comments, including the initial welcome template, is prohibited per Bulbapedia's talk page policy. Please do not remove any comments in the future. If you wish to clean old comments away, you should archive your talk page instead. Thank you! ----Pokemaster97 01:34, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
Alright, the type of behavior here is very frowned upon by our Code of conduct. It is also against Talk page policy to remove any sections from your user page so SuperAipom7 was following the policies. If you want to remove any content from your talk page, it would have to be put in an archive page after the talk page grows a significant amount. Any further behavioral problems can lead you to a block. Thanks. --☆CoolPikachu! 01:37, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
You've been making too many edits to the User talk: namespace lately. Please try to relocation that attention towards the mainspace, as that many edits will slow down the server. Plus the mainspace should always be your main focus. --★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 19:02, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! --電禅Den Zen 21:51, 9 November 2011 (UTC)
- I know that tactic and I've been doing that a lot with my new userpage, whose reveal has been delayed due to an unusually high amount of homework (I'm only in 9th grade). It was also delayed due to the late-October Blizzard, which made me lose Internet for 5 days. I also have a lot of usertags and templates to apply to it. After the usertags are completed, I'll add text to it later on, like MAGNEDETH's Userpage, which I modeled mine after. Currently, I have no idea when it'll be revealed, as I had to start over numerous times due to a loss of progress and other such stuff. Although, I saved the wikicode in a Word Document, so I can use that as a backup, but as of today, I don't have much of anything in the vincinity of the term "userspace." That's how much progress I have on it: virtually nothing! I'll work on it later today, and I thank you for your concern, and if you'd like, I'll keep you posted with any updates to my Userspace. Thanks for your concern! Pikachu9000 21:07, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
I've removed the section about your userspace construction project because it violates the Talk page policy. Talk pages are not meant to be used as personal project journals. Please refrain from adding such content in the future. Thank you. --Pokemaster97 20:33, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
- Alright. I'm fine with that. As long as I can still do that on my Userpage, I'm happy. I mean, I'd hate to lose all of that information that I spent my valuable time creating in the first place. Also, I realized that the two were very similar anyway. But one quick question for you: were you even a little bit interested in it? In my opinion, I think I've been putting a lot of effort into it since it began! I won't be offended if you say no. I just want your honest opinion. Happy editing! Pikachu9000 20:41, 18 April 2012 (UTC)