| Curious when the best time to message this user is?
This user is usually online from 9:00AM - 1:00AM.
It is currently 3:23 PM in her time zone!
| The last person to leave a message was Pumpkinking0192! They're a boy!
| Here's a small little list of guidelines I expect to be followed on my talk page:
- Please use English. It's not that I'm against other languages, it's just...how am I suppose to respond when I don't know what you said?
- Please do not respond for me. I don't mind people tacking on their own questions to a discussion that's already been made, even before I have the chance to answer the initial post. But when someone personally has come here to ask me a question, don't answer for me. And if someone has answered for me, please don't take their word for my own. I can guarantee you that almost no one on this site knows me as well as I do. If you want my opinion, you wait for my response.
Leave new messages at the bottom of this page.
|| Wonder what's inside? It needs more time, though.
how can I upload images?
How can I upload images? Velvetstar 19:06 17, January 2014 (UTC)
- You can upload images here, but make sure you read the rules before you upload anything. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 02:35, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
Thank you! Here, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Velvetstar 22:24 17 January 2014 (UTC)
For this Learnset table, I changed the footer to be the same color as the header, but on this other Learnset table, both are two different colors. Should the Learnset table's header and footer be the same color? — Reshi643 03:50, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- If it's always been the same type. Gust and Sand Attack used to be Normal type moves, so the learnset tables use both Ground and Normal-type colors. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 21:44, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks. — Reshi643 21:46, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Noting Clemont's eye color
On Iris, there's no note for anime!Iris's eyes; same between Misty's articles, despite having four different colors on her main page. Since his anime page notes his eyes in that incarnation are blue, I don't feel it's necessary to note it on his main page. For that same reason, I also didn't add Limone in his relatives' list, like is done on Brock and Misty. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 22:30, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
- Fair enough. i was going off Lt. Surge's page, but I guess I shoulda been using companion characters instead. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 07:26, 27 January 2014 (UTC)
...Do you have any idea why (some, if not most of) Bulbapedia's images are going wonky? Or is it just me? Seeing floating black error messages all over is weirding me out, lol. --FireGambit (talk) 06:52, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Cause of this. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 06:53, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- I realized reading that that it didn't answer your question. The Archives just need a hardware upgrade. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 06:58, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Haha, alright thanks. I shall wait patiently for a fix. --FireGambit (talk) 07:00, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
Bonus Question! If you're auto-confirmed here, will your account also be auto-confirmed on the Archives? I ask because earlier today, I attempted to upload a better Shauntal sprite, but apparently I can't unless I'm not auto-confirmed. --FireGambit (talk) 07:23, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Nope. The only thing that carries over to the other Bulbawiki sites would be your account. Not your user rights. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 07:31, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- So then what else would one do on the Archives, other than upload images? Forgive me if this is a stupid question; I'm prone to asking them. :) --FireGambit (talk) 07:40, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hmmmm, I'd say fixing templates, image summaries, and categories would be a good place to start. To a lesser degree, welcoming new users. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 08:19, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Alright then, thanks for the help. Speaking of welcoming users, when I see a new account is created, can I drop that generic Bulbapedia welcome template, or is that something only administrators can do? I promise it's the final question for tonight, hehe. --FireGambit (talk) 08:22, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Anyone can welcome new users. But while it's not a requirement, we do have a preference that experienced users welcome new ones, because chances are that new users will go to whoever welcomed them for guidance and advice, and if the person that welcomed them literally does nothing but welcome users they won't really know how to answer their questions. See what I mean? So we'd like it if people knew their way around the site first. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 08:38, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks for all the answers. I think I'll hit the sack now, lol. --FireGambit (talk) 08:42, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello! As I was perusing Bulbapedia articles the other day, I noticed that several anime characters (such as Foster or Georgio) did not have a character box. Is this because they are minor characters? Or, if they do need boxes, could I add some? Thanks in advance. --FireGambit (talk) 00:51, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- Characters of the day, aka one-time characters don't get infoboxes usually. Typically there's no info that could be added to them. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 02:02, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- Cool beans. --FireGambit (talk) 05:23, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
Bonus question, 'cause I have far too many of them: after reading plenty of articles here, I've noticed that they seem to follow a protocol of not repeat-linking a page? I'm not sure about this, but I was wondering if this is so. I've found plenty of inconsistencies, if my hypothesis is correct, and therefore was excited at the prospect of finding an editing niche. --FireGambit (talk) 05:42, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello Jo! How goes it? Greetings aside, I was wondering if I could borrow your egg-archive-template-thing-a-ma-bob (sorry, I had to do it). I'll credit you as its creator, if you'd like. Thanks in advance. --FireGambit (talk) 22:47, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- Sure, just make sure to change it up so it's unique to you. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 05:00, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
- Thank you again. :) --FireGambit (talk) 05:20, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
Suggested change to our type pages
I made a suggestion on Talk:Fairy (type) that I think would be a better course of action for handling our type pages than what we do now. I brought it up with Maverick Nate, since he normally runs the administrative discussion on the forums, and he directed me here. Do you mind giving your thoughts on the matter, please? Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 16:40, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- I'll bring it up in a chat discussion cause even though I'm Head of Games I feel like all I'd do is delete all trances of competitive battling from the site. (hahaha...) But while I do agree that it's a bit too close to "strategies", it's also based on solid fact based on their stats. So if anything, it could probably just be dumbed down a bit at the very least. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 18:00, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- Awesome. Thanks! I'll keep an eye here and on the type pages to see when things are eventually decided for sure. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:11, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
Does somebody have a page for the new Trozei game started up on their userpage? Glik (talk) 18:49, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
- Not that I know of, but we do need a page for it asap. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 02:22, 27 February 2014 (UTC)
Emulator ROM Mods
So I used to be a huge Pokemon fan, got every game from Red and Blue through to Platinum, but faded out of it through middle school. Now with i devises having emulators, my whole grade is on a huge Pokemon hit and I began playing ROM's and found out about mods. I was looking for some info on the Zhery league, but found out through extensive searching that bulbapedia doesn't have anything on Pokemon ROM mods. Would pages on modified games ever develop?- unsigned comment from Modmasterfitzy (talk • contribs)
- I doubt it because we don't usually publish information regarding ROMs or emulators. We stick to official information. We only acknowledge ROMs in special cases. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 03:13, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- There is a page specifically for all ROM hacks, and as far as I know there's no real restriction on adding a hack to the page so long as it's notable enough. Hell, there are even some reputable ones still missing. Schiffy (瀬藤健二) (Talk Contribs) 17:09, 3/4/2014 (UTC)
Philosophical-Psychological Informist Togekiss
Jo, I report you that Philosophical-Psychological Informist Togekiss is editing the same page and I shouldn't give out warnings to other users, I just report you. --Cinday123 (Talk) 07:09, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- I don't really see the issue. They seem to clearly have an interest in Twitch Plays Pokémon, I can't fault them on that. They choose what they want to edit. Then, because a lot happens in a short time span, I personally feel like frequent editing is to be expected. They haven't caused any fuss, or created any vandalism. I don't see them as a problematic user. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 07:25, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Yes Jo, that's fine with this user, I don't see the issue about editing the same page, editing Twitch Plays Pokémon is fine, so there's no vandalism, and also, this user is not a problematic user at all. --Cinday123 (Talk) 07:27, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
Roaming Pokémon page, Generation VI section
Thanks for stating the reason for the edit in the summary, I appreciate that. Although I wanted to ask, would it be OK if we change the 10 to an 11? Because technically it's 11 times.
Also speaking of not being a strategy wiki, I seem to remember you guys having an awesome walkthrough for FireRed/LeafGreen (or was it Diamond/Pearl?). Is there plans to do that for X/Y? Karasuhebi (talk) 08:23, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Clarification is always welcome. Also, no. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 08:27, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for the quick reply. Also 'No, don't change from 10 to 11' or 'No, no planned walkthrough for X/Y'? Karasuhebi (talk) 08:31, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- We're not making a walkthrough for X/Y. You're welcome to make the information on the roaming Pokémon page more specific.★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 08:35, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
- So since you said 'more specific' as opposed to 'accurate'can I assume you approve of me re-adding that specific part of my earlier edit? Karasuhebi (talk) 08:42, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
Hey, since you're online, would you mind dealing with this Ninjashazi user who is spamming links to some Pokémon game site on Mystery Dungeon pages? Thanks, ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 08:45, 10 March 2014 (UTC)
Friend Safari locations for Pokemon pages
I understand we're "supposed" to be waiting on a new template to add Friend Safari locations to Pokemon pages. But I cannot fathom that it could be so great a change that Friend Safari location is only acceptably notable in that template, and not in the current template. If it is possible to acceptably note Friend Safari location for a Pokemon with the current template, people should be allowed to go around and add FS locations to Pokemon pages. It's been entirely too long, and unless you can tell me the new template will be ready in a day or two, we shouldn't have to keep waiting, keep the wiki out-of-date even longer. I know I'm willing to work on it, and I'm sure there are a few others around who would still be willing. Will you approve people adding Friend Safari locations in some acceptable format? Tiddlywinks (talk) 06:05, 14 March 2014 (UTC)
- You've been around. Perhaps you've missed this... Whatever the case, I'd very much like an answer, please. Tiddlywinks (talk) 08:38, 20 March 2014 (UTC)
- Don't add anything yet. The staff haven't forgotten about it. It's still being worked on. It'll be ready soon. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 20:37, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
- The templates have been updated. Please use Dedenne and Spritzee as examples for the Friend Safari. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 07:43, 23 March 2014 (UTC)
Question about Effort Value Yield
Hello. I couldn't find anything on Bulbapedia along the lines of Wikipedia's Reference Desk, so I figured I might as well ask you (hope I'm not a bother)! So, here goes. I visited Bulba's page on EV Yield, and in the intro, there's a note stating that the numbers there are only valid for gen V and up! So I Googled around, and there's conflicting sources. Psypokes claims that these values only differ from the first 2 gens, and that the only change between gen III and the present is the new Pokemon (by the way, for the purposes of this question, my main focus is gen III) Is this true?.
Bonus Question - What's a good 3 Pokemon core to build around Mudkip, using Pokemon available toward the beginning of Sapphire (even if only temporary)? I plan on EVing Mudkip to be a wall breaker/mixed tank, if that helps...
And one last thing, you might have been able to deduce from my questions that I'm a budding EV trainer. Can you point me in the direction of a good online community? Kay, thanks! --SillyWynaut96 (talk) 17:52, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- The Staff page is kind of like a reference page. You can contact pretty much any active staff member you want with a question, and if they can't answer, someone who can will show up to help you out.
- I looked through the history, and it seems Jigglypuff, Meowth, and Geodude's base exp yield was changed in Gen V. That's what the disclaimer is referring to, not the EV they yield.
- I'm probably not the person to ask for competitive advice. I'm generally terrible at team building because I prefer using Pokémon I like over Pokémon that would actually be useful. The only thing I can really imagine being good with Mudkip in Sapphire would be Ludicolo since it gets Rain Dance and its ability heals it during a downpour. Then Mudkip-Swampert can also benefit from the attack boost. But I would suggest asking MAGNEDETH cause he's more savvy in that field than I am.
- As for your last question, like I said, I'm not really into competitive play myself. You could always look around the video game board on Bulbagarden's forums. There's even a board dedicated to competitive play. I honestly don't know of any other good communities. I'm not trying to be self-promoting here. I'm just not much of a forum person so I don't really have much experience with which community is the best. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 18:18, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks! I sure appreciate the help. By the way, is there a way that I can just link this message directly to the user you mentioned, rather than re-asking the question? - unsigned comment from SillyWynaut96 (talk • contribs)
- I'll send him a message when he comes online later. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 18:52, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- He said to message him off the site cause this isn't the place for this conversation. You can message him on the forums, Twitter, or via email. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 16:51, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
I understand that the comment is very old. However, isn't the policy that replies should not be added to conversations that have finished/resolved? The policy doesn't actually say that it is, unassailably, okay to respond if no response was ever made, of course... But Bbbbbbbbba did make a useful comment about something that was never answered in any form. I just think that warrants forbearance here and the comment should be kept. Tiddlywinks (talk) 23:55, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- I doubt Socob has been watching the talk page all these years waiting for a response. The discussion is dead. Rather than trying to revive a dead conversation, it would be a better decision to have added the information to the article. That's where most people look for information anyway. If we can get proof their theory is factual, it can be added to a Notes section. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 00:23, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- Or...leave it on the talk page until someone can provide proof for it. If that proof never comes, you'd be preventing people from finding the information at all (Socob isn't the only person to consider).
- ...Unless someone just makes a new section on the talk page with that theory. Yeah, I think that'll be what I'll resort to. If it hasn't been put on the article by tomorrow or so, I'll just make a section recounting Bbbbbbbbba's theory and asking if anyone can confirm it and put it in the article. There shouldn't really be any cause for complaint about that.
- (I don't intend to be insubordinate, per se. I just believe that this information shouldn't be consigned to the void and intend to see that it isn't (especially since I can't confirm and add it into the article myself).) Tiddlywinks (talk) 00:45, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
Pointless message about the top thing on your talk page
Shouldn't it be "He's a boy" and "She's a girl"? It irks me for some reason. @~@ Pikachu Bros. (talk) 13:28, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
Billy Mays SillyWynaut96 here, with another question.
Hope you laughed too! Anyway, I've got another (hopefully simpler) factual question (hate to single you out, but 'Head of Games' seems like the go-to for this). You're aware of the whole, grass beats water, water beats fire, fire beats grass thing. So, just how many of these rock-paper-scissor-style type-effectiveness triangles are there? Can you name them? And besides the obvious difference of the fairy type, would there be any other differences between gen III and gen VI in this respect? Thanks for putting up with me, SillyWynaut96 (talk) 15:48, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- After googling around, I think I should clarify. For my purposes, a type triangle strictly means that x is super effective to y, is super effective to z, is super effective to x. Also, x is resistant to (NOT immune to) z, is resistant to y, is resistant to x. SillyWynaut96 (talk) 16:33, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry to butt in, Jo, but The Cave of Dragonflies has a good type-interaction tool that can tell you this and lots of other things. (The newer version doesn't have type polygons, but it does a lot of other things a lot better than the older one, so take a look at it, too, if you're interested.) As for your question, there are four: Fire/Water/Grass, Fire/Rock/Steel, Grass/Poison/Ground, and Fighting/Flying/Rock. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 19:00, 2 April 2014 (UTC)
I come to you, Head of Games, wondering about a new template(s) for the Gen VI Berries. I have two issues.
The first, a fairly minor concern: the Gen VI Berries have no numbers, so I'd like to create a new template (Berrylist/6 and Berrylist/h/6, I think) without that column.
Second, the Berry trees now have 7 stages of growth as opposed to 5.
- This is where you planted the [Berry] Berry!
- The [Berry] is sprouting!
- The [Berry]'s seedling is growing well!
- The [Berry]'s trunk is getting bigger!
- The [Berry] tree has buds!
- The [Berry] tree is in bloom!
- (When the Berries have fruited and the tree is harvestable.)
In addition, sprouts may be different now; Rawst and Oran sprouts look different, for example. Right now we don't have sprites for any of these stages, but I think these should get a new template as well, like Tree/6.
Of course, none of the above would be too difficult to do within current templates, I just kind of think it'd be better if they were their own, new templates. What do you think? Tiddlywinks (talk) 16:42, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Well, they are sorted by their numbers, AFAIK. You could theoretically collect all the berries and sort them by type to get the numbers. Pikachu Bros. (talk) 16:46, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- I notice you were on long enough to make a couple of edits since my question above. I don't know if you're busy or discussing it with staff or what, but I'd really appreciate even the briefest acknowledgement when you have a bit of time. If I would do better to take it to other staff, just let me know who. Tiddlywinks (talk) 03:17, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
I don't know if this is necessary seeing their repeated history of being told on but a user of Pokémon Wikia named DragonSpore18 has been stealing images from us such as the one of Katsuyuki Konishi and Chespin's Overgrow. PattyMan 02:12, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
Since you were the person in contact with the anonymous source who indicated "Unknown" was the best voice actor listing for Bianca (movie), I'm hoping it would be possible for you to have a word with User:Rosebr10 about her hostility on the matter (which, as a side note, is a recurring problem with her, as you can see from warnings on her talk page and the tone of her user page and some of her other contributions). I'd rather not myself given that I don't know the full details that you do. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 05:58, 9 April 2014 (UTC)