Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Genders of anime Pokémon
- 3 Moves Used
- 4 Dub titles
- 5 When commenting...
- 6 T.T
- 7 Episode Articles
- 8 T.T
- 9 You better stop...
- 10 Additions
- 11 You are currently banned.
- 12 Copying
- 13 Taisei
- 14 am trying to learn how to put a picture on
- 15 Seriously, Stop It
- 16 Please
- 17 hey guys
- 18 You were calling me?
- 19 Images
- 20 DP200
- 21 Currently Needed Article
- 22 Images
- 23 Categorize
- 24 Excuse me
- 25 James's Carnivine
- 26 Final warning
- 27 Okay, seriously...
- 28 Talk Page Comments
- 29 Ice Beam
- 30 Staraptor Trivia
- 31 .png
- 32 Images
- 33 Speculation
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Lindsayoris15!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Lindsayoris15/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Genders of anime Pokémon
Yeah, Pidgeot acts like a guy, and Pikachu's pretty much confirmed with the undoubted femininity of May's Venusaur... buuuuuuut... no. Can't do that. We'd have put the genders in a long time ago if we knew for sure. TTEchidna 07:18, 19 May 2008 (UTC)
- Same is true of what you mentioned about Swellow (unless TTEchidna's talking about the same thing...). NO ASSUMPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For all we know, Ash could be a girl, but they mention HIM as a GUY...) ht14 02:06, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
Make sure that the Pokémon can learn the move, and make sure the Pokémon ACTUALLY USED IT. Proof!!•15:35, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- Try to keep it related to the article, not just the topic of the article.
- Sign with ~~~~ so we know who you are. Like this: Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 01:35, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- ...But don't sign the articles themselves. Just talk pages. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 17:53, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
I don't want to keep doing this so I'm just gonna get to the main point...
- 1. Sign your comments, with ~~~~. I don't want to keep putting - unsigned comment from Lindsayoris15 (talk • contribs)
- 2. Please don't ask useless and meaningless questions such as on the Zoey discussion page. This is an encyclopedia, not a forum, that's why there's a link on the sidebar that says Bulbapedia forum.
Please follow these rules... T.T~Pokemaniac102 02:29, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
I forgot to mention number 3
- 3. Do not use caps. It is very rude and there is no need.
~Pokemaniac102 03:03, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Please don't copy and paste content from another episode article to create a new episode article. Use Template:DP episode instead. If you don't know how to use it, here's a lowdown:
- This field denotes the number of the episode in question. For example, for the DP094 article, the field should read 94. The previous and following episode numbers are handled automatically
- This field denotes the announced Japanese broadcast date. For example, if DP094 were announced for the third Thursday in September (it's September 18 this year), this field would read September 18, 2008. (Note that this is in no way indicitave of DP094's actual Japanese airdate.)
- This field denotes the raw episode name in kanji.
- This field denotes the translated episode name in Roman characters. For example, if DP094's Japanese title were to translate as "Moukazaru VS Fuwaraido! Haunted House Battle!", that translation would make up field 6 with its raw kanji as field 5. (Note that this is in no way indicitave to any actual DP094 plot.)
The template may be daunting to those unfamiliar with it, but it should grow on you after a few uses. --Shiningpikablu252 19:29, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
HEY YOU! Do not forget to place your dang signatures after your comments!!!~Pokemaniac102 01:25, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- I agree, please sign all comments. Four tildes. ~~~~ TTEchidna 01:36, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
- TTE T.T We've told her a billion times, just saying that won't get her to do it~Pokemaniac102 01:40, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
You better stop...
Stop putting crap on the talk pages. If you think it's notable, add it to the actual article and see how people react. If it's not article-worthy, there's no reason to put it on the talk page, anyway. What you're doing is closer to spamming than anything else. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 01:32, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
You are currently banned.
This is because you were spamming talk pages. When asked to stop, you did nothing. You kept getting asked, and then went and sockpuppeted to continue. Learn to listen to people when you're asked to do something. TTEchidna 03:10, 16 July 2008 (UTC)
Stop copying sites. You say your 14, so act like it and learn to make up your own sentences.
----HoennMaster 01:46, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
We do not reflect the dub names of characters of the day until their episode airs dubbed. An online preview is not an airing last I checked. Please do not go trying to get around an article's protection just to jump the gun on a potential dub name leak that could be wrong. --Shiningpikablu252 01:43, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
am trying to learn how to put a picture on
Here's what to do. Go to Bulbagarden Archives (search in google) and make an account there with the same name you have here. Upload the required image and put the image in the particular article in Bulbapedia. Jmath 19:47, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Seriously, Stop It
- stop what- unsigned comment from Lindsayoris15 (talk • contribs)
- I do not know what he is referring to, but if you were to copy something off of another website, which you shouldnt do anyways, at least put it in wikicoding--DCM((Shut the **** upSpy on My Edits))
aw!!!Lindsayoris15 17:45, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
can somebody try to put a video on to show you how to a picture on. i try and follew the rule all the time but never got the pictures Lindsayoris15 18:19, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
- talk to User:Kuki or User:Jmath they would know how to do it--DCM((Shut the **** upSpy on My Edits))
i still want a video!Lindsayoris15 18:24, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
You were calling me?
- Indent when you put a comment, sign your comments, and the toolbox is the thingy underneath the search box and it specifically says "Upload file" and if you still can't find it, go here http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Special:Upload and log in as Lindsayoris and the same password. --DialgaRULES 19:32, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
You need to get permission from an admin if you want to change images on page. The best admin to ask would be Sketch. He's the highest authority when it comes to images, and you need to ask him for permission if you want to change an image. Chocolate 19:16, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
- he was puting a wrong episode that has not been air! - unsigned comment from Lindsayoris15 (talk • contribs)
- Odds are that sysop created that page primarily for testing purposes. Whenever Template:DP episode is edited with a new feature, that feature needs testing in order to get it to work right. The most recent tweaks took a few tries to get it to work as intended; testing helps expose these flaws (hopefully) before they get put into an article. --Shiningpikablu252 19:50, 22 November 2008 (UTC)
Currently Needed Article
If you want to do it, at least try! Articles aren't worth shit if all they say is " p". That's not funny, and it was the second time you did it. Don't do it again, or you'll find yourself blocked. And, why would you even try to do that? Seriously, why? MaverickNate 02:41, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
- And stop adding new sections to ニョロトノ666 talk page keep it in the same section don't start new ones. --☆Coolピカチュウ! 23:49, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, do you hear me? PNG'S, NOT JPG'S! I've told you that three times and regardless of that you have just uploaded the jpg's you've offered. Sadly, I don't have those episodes/movies in which those pics are available so I can't reupload them as properly ripped png's. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 23:53, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
Could you please explain to me why you did that? Removal of content is extremely frowned upon, and Jun's Staraptor is among the least notable Pokémon in the anime. Never remove content like that again. --PAK Man Talk 20:17, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- When something is not notable, it generally means you do not link to it. Please stop adding in links to a page that is not notable. --PAK Man Talk 20:24, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
Look, you find good images for screenshots...but you just aren't listening. They have to be PNG. No exceptions. Since you have continually ignored this, consider this your final warning. If you don't start saving your images as PNG, you will be blocked from the archives. So, lets start listening, alrighty? Thanks hon. -Sketch 00:01, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- ... That's pretty harsh. The screenshots are perfect quality. You can't ban her for them being in PNG. Not all people can convert images so easily and some might not understand what you are talking about. These rules are beginning to get unreasonable. I say it shouldn't be a problem if they're still in JPG, just as long as they're not bad. I still upload tons of JPGs cause I don't feel like wasting my time turning them into PNG for a very unnoticeable difference... --ケンジのガール 10:39, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- Well, if they're saved from YouTube, really, you can save as png in Paint as long as you aren't using something like Windows 95. Dunno how else (or where else) you could really get them. Maybe the DVDs. But that's even more of a pain since WMP doesn't even let you take screencaptures anymore. TTEchidna 10:47, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
It has discoloring, it's grainy and it's not PNG...if those things didn't exist, then yes, but in this case, no. Why is it that you only post on my talk page to ask about image changes yet you never respond to our questions as to why you don't save things in PNG?
He's asked you to get PNG images per policy, and every time, you ignore him. He has told you no to images, and you ignore him. Stop ignoring the staff now. If you repeat this behavior, we will have no choice than to punish you. - Kogoro | Talk to me - 15:42, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
- That would be because you need to save the image as a PNG before you upload it. - Kogoro | Talk to me - 18:22, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. --- Kogoro | Talk to me - 18:29, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
This is why you use edit summaries. I wouldn't have to have reverted you had you said it didn't use Ice Beam. -Sketch 20:00, 13 March 2009 (UTC)
Small problem with your trivia, Swellow was the first Flying-type that Ash had evolve to its current final stage and be caught caught at its current primary stage (remember, it was caught as Taillow), The second is Gliscor (Gligar and Gliscor are both Ground/Flying-type) - Kogoro | Talk to me - 23:42, 14 March 2009 (UTC)
- Unless they are trading card scans, when .jpg is preferred. :D — THE TROM — 10:24, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Any reason why you are deleting images from articles? — THE TROM — 10:54, 3 April 2009 (UTC)