Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
User talk:Kumori Satosuke
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Kumori Satosuke!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Alright... but I was already a user for a longtime before this year. I just hadn't done much. Thank you, though. Satosuke 20:59, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --((Marton imos)) 21:41, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
Sorry. I had completely forgotten the reason I couldn't edit my Userpage before -that they had all been locked down before. I'll slow down on it from now on. Oh, and I don't use a PC, so alt+shift+P is a no-go. Admirable effort, however. Satosuke 21:46, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Well, that was a subst'd template, so I didn't really have control over what it said. Sorry. Anyway, I never use alt+shift+p anyway. I just click on "preview" to make sure everything works. --((Marton imos)) 23:54, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry about that. That's a first for me. I won't forget again. Satosuke 20:09, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
For some reason I can't edit article talk pages on my account so to answer your question on serene grace, moves that already have a flinch chance gain an additional chance to flinch when the user holds King's Rock or Razor Claw. The total flinch chance for a move with inherent flinch chance p when the user holds King's Rock or Razor Claw is given by p + (1 - p) * 0.1. For example, a Serene Grace Pokemon using Air Slash while holding King's Rock has a 0.6 + (1 - 0.6) * 0.1 = 64% chance to flinch. I got that from Smogon. Pikiwyn 23:34, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
- Are you a Misty fan by any chance? --Kid Sonic (talk) 04:21, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
- YES! And a PokéShipper, to boot. :D Satosuke (talk) 14:37, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Hello, just wanted to let you know that performing large scale edits, such as moving a page, must be discussed on the talk page of the article and approved by an admin. Just because there hasn't been a proper discussion in the past, it doesn't mean we're okay with the move.--ForceFire 02:26, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I should have reviewed policy before doing something like that. According to style, that was the correct move to do, and it was brought up before and there were some supports for the move and no dissents. I guess I figured that if I could move an article at all, it was okay to do so – and just now, with a perusal of the guidelines pages, I can't find any "must be approved by an admin" guideline for moving pages. That said, my apologies. What is the direction going forward, then?Satosuke (talk) 02:36, 28 May 2014 (UTC)