Welcome to Bulbapedia, Kerusso!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page. Thank you. --Porygon-Z 02:32, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
I noticed you have been editing the
User: namespace a lot recently. You may not be aware of this, but Bulbapedia has a Userspace policy that asks users to try and minimize the number of userspace edits they make in a short period of time. Heavy editing of these personal pages can put undue stress on the server, so please leave your page alone for now and go help out in the mainspace. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, after all, so please help us to complete it! If you edit the mainspace more often, you will be allowed to edit your userpage more often too. Thanks! --ケンジのガール 07:26, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
If you did not read your last warning, then please read it now. You have edited the
User: namespace too much. In the past, no one was allowed to edit their userpages because some users were over-editing their own userpages. Your personal editing privileges can be taken away, so please do not edit your page any more for now. Thank you. ----ZestyCactus 01:31, 2 February 2010 (UTC)