How is this?
- Both Yancy and Curtis share their screen name with a minor character from the Pokémon anime. Yancy shares her screen name, Nancy, with a character from The Evolutionary War!; Curtis shares his Japanese screen name, Tenma with a character from The Big Balloon Blow-Up.
I think it's a little bit too contrived, especially since they only share either their English screen name or their Japanese screen name. Maybe it could simply be shortened to this:
- Yancy shares her screen name, Nancy, with a minor character from the Pokémon anime from The Evolutionary War!.
Okay I know we can call her randomly in the areas that she calls us but if we can't call her? Do we have to soft/hard reset the game or just leave the place and come back? Also what's the chance of calling her in one area during one visit? Also do we have the options to call her in that particular spot? Or the whole route entirely? Flygonfanno1 (talk) 05:14, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- You have to hunt for the location that she's in after meeting her for the first time. She's in one of the 15 locations; it can be soft-reset; however, you can't "leave the place and come back" because the location is set then. As for the locations, it does not have to be the specific spot but you have to call her in that location. ht14 05:17, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
EDIT: Okay called her one time in the Nimbasa City, now I've to leave the the city and come back to call her in the same spot again or the tile is reset automatically, so I can continue hinting for the spot there? Flygonfanno1 (talk) 05:25, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- Say you called at Nimbasa City... unless that location shows that you can call her twice (i.e. her name is there again), you'll need to search for her in the other 14 locations. ht14 05:28, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
What is wrong?
- Same happened here: do I have to defeat the Elite Four after the 51 calls?--CiaobyDany (talk) 21:15, 22 December 2012 (UTC)
- EDIT: You have to call her the day after the 51st then she will ask you to meet in front of the ferris wheel. - unsigned comment from CiaobyDany (talk • contribs)
She says "Hi, I'm Na-sorry, Yancy." What is her real name?TeamPlasmaN1212 22:23, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
- Her screen name is Nancy. She accidentally used her psuedonym instead of her actual name. --Abcboy (talk) 22:28, 25 November 2012 (UTC)
Xtransceiver Call Logs
About the number of calls,
From my own experience, you can start your trading with Yancy from the thirtieth call, not the fiftieth - as long as you have obtained the National Pokédex. She will only trade once a day as usual. Same goes with Curtis. Crystallinefeathers (talk) 00:32, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- I noticed that too, but I didn't even know about Yancy until after I had completed the storyline and obtained the National Dex, so that probably has something to do with it. R.A. Hunter Blade 22:32, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
Yes, I just got her to trade from call #34. I got to 33 yesterday, so I'm guessing you just need to wait a day after getting to 30 calls, not 50? I'm surprised more people haven't noticed. -Elementzn30 (talk) 02:30, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
Quotes: If you never do the Surveys
I don't see it mentioned in the Article, but if the player never actually does the Surveys, then she says slightly different things. Something more along the lines of "Hi... Is this <player>? Really, that's you hobby? Oops! My colleague is calling me. I have to get back to work! Talk to you again. Good-bye." So basically just shorter quotes that don't include any details. DwarfWoot (talk) 17:40, 16 April 2013 (UTC)
So, about ma-
So, after the tenth call section, there is a section called "Nimbasa city". There one of nancy's quotes is: "Ma... I mean one of my co-workers got mad at me." So who is this Ma... person? ★☆Togetic45☆★ 11:56, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Her manager, most likely. Ataro (talk) 12:10, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Uh, it's a capital letter, so I'm guessing it's a name. ★☆Togetic45☆★ 12:20, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
Where is it?
I know the Dropped item is supposed to be in the Nimbasa amusement park, but when I went there to look for it, it wasn't there. I'm positive I haven't done the entire quest already (I don't already have the Dropped Item, and I haven't registered Yancy in my Xtranceiver), but I have gone ahead and beaten the Elite 4. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, should it be included on this article (or on the Key Items article) just as a precaution? RogueTrainer (talk) 06:41, 27 September 2013 (UTC)