What happened to the protection? I'm allowed to edit the article yet I'm not admin, or am I just rly special
in that case im making the Georgia's Bisharp article and no-one can stop me. --The Truth aka Relicant 12:46, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
- Speculation. Enough said. Any Pokémon could be retconned to have Refrigerate as their ability. But no. I'm guessing you want them to be unprotected so you can add speculation. Sweet Veil is protected. The XY-debut attacks are protected. Why should Strong Jaw and Refrigerate be different? --The Truth aka Relicant 16:04, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
meloetta confrimd 2 lern feairy wind a friend of a frien of an nintendo insider tol me im gonna updaet fairy wind article now!!!!!1!!1111111!
This could happen. Any time before XY's release. And seeing as it will take awihel before we know EVERYTHING. It is bound to happen after XY's release. --The Truth aka Relicant 16:36, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
- Like Arc said above, it's not common practice to protect new move articles from editing. If people's editing gives us a reason to protect it, we will, but for now, it's fine as is. --Pokemaster97 18:14, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
Since Refrigerate is exclusive to an Ice-type Pokemon, do Normal-type moves get STAB, or can we otherwise verify the boost in power?
Ideas for testing this in the wild:
- Marchionesses in the Battle Chateau have Lv.35 Audinos with Entrainment - verify if there's a change in power before and after the ability change.
- Lv.40 wild Basculin know Soak - verify if there's a change in power before and after the type change.
--Stratelier 18:30, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I was able to confirm the above tests myself; nullifying the ability showed a noticeable dip in the power for Normal-type moves, but Soaking Amaura's type did not. --Stratelier 06:12, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
What if you changed a Pokémon's Ability from this one to another using a Move such as Entrainment or Worry Seed, or nullified the ability with Gastro Acid? Would they stop being Ice-type moves and turn back into Normal-type moves?Mangaman13 (talk) 17:43, 11 December 2013 (UTC)