YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
I added a) 'Mystery Zone' is the real title of the area; that's never stated...b) messing with loading of snowstorms and such... LordArceus 02:50, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Okay, so last night (at the time of writing) I was messing around with the 'Walk Through Walls' cheat that is included in Codejunkies' cheat list for Diamond and Pearl. I set out over the Mystery Zone from Sandgem Town, aiming for Jubilife. All goes well, until I try and walk up to the GTS area - I can't get past the line where the Type guy stands. So I kinda shrug, press R again and get past him. As I don't have any badges the GTS man trys to stop me as I walk past him, I move on and....
Jubilife got eaten. There's huge walls of black, like I've been tweaking. Later, I tried to get to Florama using the Walk through walls and when I get there, wherever there's meant to be a flower, it's a strange creamy white colour. Perhaps the Walk Through Walls/Walk Anywhere cheat needs its own page?
(Oh, and I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.) - Archaeic 20:20, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Eh, cheats are kinda frowned upon here, because one of the reasons your game is messing up is because you used a cheating device, but eh. ;>_> Tina δ♫ 20:25, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
Only by [ILEGALLY OH NO] cracking open the game card's code and emulating a map of it. I *can* do that, but just with games encoded on CDs. Apolgies...that would be interesting, though. LordArceus 02:49, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
I also have another request...
Once when I tweaked to ensure the veracity of the one "get to Newmoon Island via tweaking" video, I went through an area that had the Underground's music. I didn't stop, but if I did and opened the menu... would it have shown the Underground menu or just not open as in the rest of the Mystery Zone?
And what happens when you hatch an egg in that place...? I know there's a "Mystery Zone" location... TTEchidna 03:18, 4 October 2008 (UTC) No clue on the first. The location hatched will be Mystery Zone for the second. tc26 03:36, 4 October 2008 (UTC)
- I've never encountered any Mystery Zones with music other than the muted Route 206/etc. music, byut I doubt the menu would appear if you tried to open it in one. LordArceus 23:56, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
"Under" Lake Verity?
Yeah, as I guy that uses the walk anywhere cheat, I know that you walk(or surf) on the water of Lake Verity to the west and south till you'll find some grass. Just go south of the grass and voila, that's where the pic was taken.--DRAGONBEASTX 21:32, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
What I Put
I put "Also, if one would enter the Mystery Zone and refresh by having the town map selected through registration, when the player would go back to the original area, the area will look completely shifted in the coding." Yeah, it happened to me, I went to lake verity, I registered the town map, I got in the mystery zone, like in the picture, I pressed Y and I went back north to the lake. When I was back, and the lake looked brown and I could only see the lines that would differentiate tiles from one another... I pressed Y again and it came back to normal. There, I explained it. Though, I can't prove it...--DRAGONBEASTX 07:25, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
Why is this in the glitches template?
It's not exactly a glitch, so.... why is it there? It was clearly called Mystery Zone by Nintendo too.... OwnageMuch 04:20, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
- Probably because there is no Beta template. Making one isn't a bad idea. --SnorlaxMonster 05:03, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
Sinnoh locations template (if there is one)? I don't know much about the site itself I just contribute to the glitch articles. I guess it is strange enough to stay in glitches and it contains its own glitches too.... OwnageMuch 03:09, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- Well, it belongs there, but it is also on the Project GlitchDex icon (not saying it was a good choice). A Beta template might be useful though, or a Game data template. --SnorlaxMonster 06:18, 15 February 2010 (UTC)
- It is only in the name, Nintendo never expected people to actually visit these areas (without any speculation anyway) but only the term "Mystery Zone" itself is Beta (i.e. as a placeholder or error handler for areas which do not exist in between routes in the new map engine). You could even argue that the names of '??????????' and 'MISSINGNO.' are error handlers but not the actual Pokémon themselves. Perhaps we could have an Alpha elements section (for e.g. screenshots for sprites which do not exist within the coding of the final game) and Beta elements section (for elements which still exist in the final game, but cannot be accessed through normal gameplay). To be critical I don't like the current Template:Beta, it focuses too much on 'Beta Pokémon games' not certain pointers which still correspond to non-existant data within the final game such as the G/S/C Safari Zone. --Chickasaurus 18:41, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
What if an egg hatches in the mz? Meesa yoda 01:42, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Nothing crazy :) it will just say that it was hatched there. --Chickasaurus 18:43, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
- Placeholder maps are definitely called "----" in the Japanese HG/SS. In US/PAL versions IIRC they are named a real phrase e.g. in the English version they are called Mystery Zone, etc. --Chickasaurus 11:45, 5 May 2010 (UTC)
I used to use an AR, and I used a Walk-through-Walls code in Diamond. I was in Eterna Gym at the time, and I walked out to the left. It then displayed a location, I don't know if it was Route 221 or Eterna Forest, and I decided to go back, and I couldn't see the Gym, although I could see the shadows at the bottom of the trainers feet, but no trainers. Pawsrent 16:13, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- Cheating-related information is not notable, such as what you have provided above. The only exception is on glitch pages only accessible via cheating, and on the article about cheating. --SnorlaxMonster 12:13, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
On my Platinum
In my copy of Japanese Platinum, it lists the name of the Mystery Zone as ---- instead of なぞのばしょ as it says on the page. Is there a problem with my game? Abcboy 02:40, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe Platinum also changed it. However, it was apparently なぞのばしょ in DP. Changing article. --SnorlaxMonster 10:07, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
Platinum egg hatch!!
I hatched an egg and then after that, EVERYTHING changed. The ground was made of white circles on black ground, and tons of other crazy crap that made it look like a 3 year old edited the tileset... yeah... It was a year or two back... I was like "HOLY CRAP!" and turned it off and I dropped my DS. DB 03:05, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- Happens when you walk through multiple areas, using the walk through walls cheat, continuously without opening the menu, iirc. Tested a few years ago ~ Blitzamirin ~ 03:16, 29 July 2011 (UTC)
- Does this only occur when using the walk through walls cheat, or does it work when you access the Mystery Zone via the Surf glitch or tweaking? --SnorlaxMonster 14:51, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. It works because when opening the menu the game refreshes the tileset so that it changes to another. This also applies to hatching eggs and entering buildings (which is why gates are needed).
- If you for example used the surf glitch to go to Floaroma Town, opened the menu there and returned to the Elite Four, the tileset would change to be like Floaroma Town's. Normally, it's not possible to open the menu in a Mystery Zone, but if you hatched an Egg there and returned to another location, the tileset adapts to an unused one associated with the Mystery Zone. (mentioned in the glitches caused section). This tileset also exists within HeartGold and SoulSilver, and it's basically like a placeholder tileset where every object is white. --Chickasaurus 16:05, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
Why is there a map of Kanto and Johto? The Mystery Zone is not a specific location and it's in Sinnoh as well. That map should be removed.
Name in HGSS
Are we really sure it is ----? I tried entering it on my HeartGold game and got "Mystery Zone" with a blue background. If there is no other explanation, I'll go ahead and revert it. Cheers, Haxorus 00:52, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- That's Japanese name. You are probably using English HGSS. Marked +-+-+ 14:59, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
Is the Mystery Zone really all the places in the map that the player cannot access, I mean, the ones for which the map shows no subtitles? Or is it more... or less than that? TheOriginalOne 14:06, 5 August 2012 (UTC)