From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The Skyarrow Bridge (Japanese: スカイアローブリッジ Skyarrow Bridge) is a long suspension bridge that connects the southeastern part of Unova via the Pinwheel Forest to Castelia City in central Unova. The bridge serves as a means of transportation into and out of Castelia City.
In the games
The middle of the Skyarrow Bridge
The Skyarrow Bridge appears in Pokémon Black and White. The player can access it after retrieving the Dragon Skull from Gorm. The bridge has two spans to support it across the water and loops off on the eastern entrance. Each end of the bridge has a gate between it and the area connected to.
The lower part of the bridge is built for vehicle traffic while suspended above the roadway is a pedestrian walkway. While traveling across the bridge, it is possible to see a stunning view of Castelia City due to changing camera angles. The Royal Unova can occasionally be seen passing underneath the bridge.
On the Pinwheel Forest side, there is a small viewing area between the forest area and the Bridge Gate. Inside the Pinwheel Forest Bridge Gate, a Hiker will give the player a Quick Claw, while a woman will talk about item maniacs. On the bridge itself, there are several people admiring it. At the Castelia City Bridge Gate, a woman complains about her sore legs from walking across the bridge.
In Black 2 and White 2, the bridge is temporarily closed for inspections until the player enters the Hall of Fame. On the bridge, the player can find a man in an orange shirt who is parched and in need of some Fresh Water. If the player gives him a bottle, he will be rehydrated and dash to the Driftveil Drawbridge. The player can meet him there and give him Fresh Water again, and this repeats on the Tubeline Bridge, Village Bridge, Marvelous Bridge, and in the Marine Tube. After giving him Fresh Water in the Marine Tube, he will return here, where he will give the player a dozen bottles of Moomoo Milk.
In the anime
Skyarrow Bridge in the anime
Skyarrow Bridge appeared in The Lost World of Gothitelle!, where Ash and his friends crossed it. It is a huge suspension bridge like it is in the games. The trees of Pinwheel Forest can be seen on the forest side of the bridge, a small Poké Mart is also there which has food and a telephone system. This is where Ash contacted Professor Juniper and switched his Sewaddle with his Pidove. Pictures of the old ferry system that was built before the bridge can be seen in the mart. Before the Poké Mart was there there was an old storage building for ferry supplies. Near the bridge is a road for transportation.
A Gothitelle created a fog around the bridge to deter people from crossing. Still, Ash, Iris, and Cilan crossed it anyway and were attacked by Gothitelle. It then created an illusion of its old life, when the bridge was still under construction, with Sally and her father. The group was confused when they saw the same Gothitelle that attacked them earlier being nice and friendly towards them. While the illusion was convincing, Cilan knew something was amiss.
They later followed Gothitelle to Skyarrow Bridge where it attacked them once more. A battle between Gothitelle and Snivy got underway when Gothitelle's old friend Sally appeared to stop it. Gothitelle was happy to be reunited with its old friend and cleared the fog from the bridge, letting Ash and company cross. It then mysteriously disappeared.
In the TCG
The following is a list of cards named Skyarrow Bridge.
The following is a list is of cards mentioning or featuring the Skyarrow Bridge in the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- Skyarrow Bridge draws inspiration from Brooklyn Bridge and Rainbow Bridge.
- If the player enters Skyarrow Bridge, and then gets on their bicycle, the music does not change.
- Starting and ending from either staircase, Skyarrow Bridge is 386 steps long. This makes it the longest non-circular straight path in the games, making it popular for Egg hatching.
- In Pokémon Black and White there's an Ace Trainer who is searching for the exact centerpoint of the bridge. Assuming that only the fully elevated part counts (which is 195 steps long), the centerpoint would be at 98th step. The Ace Trainer spawns just one step south of the centerpoint.
- In the small area between Pinwheel Forest and Skyarrow Bridge, it is impossible to use Fly. That is because it is considered part of the Bridge Gate, proven by how the location name changes only after entering either the forest or the bridge, as well as the name given to the area in Black 2 and White 2 when contacting the player's mom through the Xtransceiver.
In other languages