From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- This article is about the the English language novels based on the original series of the anime. For French language novels released by Hachette Jeunesse, see Pokémon anime novelization series (France).
The Pokémon anime novelizations are the main series of Pokémon books. In this series, there are twenty eight books. However, only twenty six books are based on actual anime episodes, with Race to Danger and Talent Showdown having original plots. Like the Pokémon Junior series, it is a multiple-author series, with its authors being Tracey West, Jennifer L. Johnson, and Sheila Sweeny. The Pokémon anime novelizations start with the book I Choose You! and ends with Winner Takes All, spanning throughout the Indigo League, Orange Islands, and some portion of the Johto Journeys. This series can be distinguished from other series based on anime episodes from its chapter-book format and the design of the blurb on the back, which consists of a black box with text and several circles featuring different species of Pokémon on its rim. Books in this series typically have a Pikachu near the corner of a page, with the only exception being Team Rocket Blasts Off!, which instead has Meowth in the corner of the pages, as a reference to the member of Team Rocket.
Books in this series
The eight Orange Island novelizations have been collected as a boxed set with updated covers, titled Pokémon Classic Collection or Pokémon Master Collection (ISBN 1743816448). This collection was released on November 1, 2016. Eight Johto Journeys novelizations from Go West, Young Ash to Secrets of the GS Ball have been collected as a boxed set with updated covers, titled Pokémon Adventure Collection (ISBN 174381853X). This collection was released on April 1, 2017.
Pokémon Classic Collection
Pokémon Adventure Collection
In other languages
The Pokémon anime novelization series are known to be translated into Bulgarian, Canadian French, European French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Latin American Spanish.
Pokémon anime novelizations in Indonesian
- The books were the first canonical object in the Pokémon series to reveal Gary having a Blastoise, with it being shown in Talent Showdown. However, he was also shown with a Charizard and Venusaur due to the author not actually knowing which one was his starter.
- Similarly, the novel Race to Danger states that Pidgeot rejoined Ash after his return from the Orange Archipelago. To date, Pidgeot has not made any return appearances in the anime, save for flashbacks and appearances in openings.
- At the beginning of most of the books, there are lyrics to various songs used in the series. In the books that show Pokémon Theme, the lyric given is "each Pokémon to understand the power that's inside". However, the actual lyric is "teach Pokémon to understand".
- ↑ http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71284/Gmail%20-%20Re_%20%5BFieldhouse%20Music%5D%20Contact%20Us.pdf