From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|| This article does not yet meet the quality standards of Bulbapedia. Please feel free to edit this article to make it conform to Bulbapedia norms and conventions.
Durant Mill, also known as just Durant, is a Pokémon Trading Card Game deck archetype. Unlike many other decks, it focuses on using Durant's Devour attack to cause the opponent to be unable to draw any more cards, making him or her lose. Although a heavily modified version of the deck was created for the 2012-2013 Organized Play season, the loss of critical cards such as Pichu and Twins to format rotation keep it from seeing any success.
The strategy of this deck, as previously mentioned, is to force the opponent to run out of cards. The player starts with Pichu, whose Playground attack permits both players to fill their benches with any Pokémon from their decks. That way, the Durant Mill player can have four Durant. Because Durant's Devour attack discards the top card of the opponent's deck for each Durant in play, with four Durant, four cards of the opponent's deck can be discarded each turn. The final Pokémon, Rotom, is there to allow the player to draw a Durant in case it is one of the Prize Cards.
- Durant depletes the opponent's deck by using its Devour attack. Four Durant in play are used for a decent amount of the opponent's cards to be discarded each turn.
- Pichu lets the Durant Mill player set up the necessary Basic Pokémon using its Playground attack.
- Rotom is used to let the player swap a face-down Prize Card with the first card in the player's deck, using its Poké-Power (Mischievous Trick), in case a Durant card is one of the Prize Cards.
- Revive moves a Basic Pokémon from the discard pile to the bench. It quickly permits any fainted Durant to be in action once again.
- Alph Lithograph allows the player to look at all of his or her face-down Prize Cards, and helps the player utilize Rotom effectively
- Junk Arm lets the player search his or her discard pile for a Trainer card (besides Junk Arm) at the cost of discarding two cards. This enables the player to reuse discarded Revives.
- Lost Remover moves a Special Energy card from one of the opponent's Pokémon to the Lost Zone, eliminating the Energy card from play.
- Pokémon Catcher replaces the opponent's Active Pokémon with a Benched Pokémon.
- Crushing Hammer has a 50% chance of discarding one of the opponent's Pokémon's Energy.
- Eviolite reduces damage taken by the Basic Pokémon that the Eviolite card is attached to. It is used to make the active Durant last longer.
The deck list appearing below is not official, and being that this is merely an archetype, a player may wish to change any part of this deck when building his or her own version.