From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
The 2011-12 Modified format of the Pokémon Trading Card Game (informally called HS-on and now referred to as Standard format) was a former Standard format used for Play! Pokémon organized play and in most sanctioned tournaments worldwide from July 2011 to August 2012. It was also used in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.
The 2011-12 Modified format was announced on April 26, 2011, rotating out of the last sets of the Diamond & Pearl Series and the entire Platinum Series.
- North America and Europe: July 1, 2011 to August 31, 2012
- 2011 World Championships
- 2011 Battle Roads Autumn
- 2011-2012 City Championships
- 2011-2012 State/Province/Territory Championships
- 2011-2012 Regional Championships (U.S. & Canada)
- 2012 Battle Roads Spring
- 2012 National Championships
- 2012 World Championships
- This format features the first (and thus far only) early rotation in the Pokémon Trading Card Game's history. This likely came about in response to the heavy controversy surrounding Black & White's first-turn rule in the previous format, with cards like Sableye creating a metagame that many players felt was too unbalanced and luck-based to be at all enjoyable.