From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
- If you were looking for the character with the Trainer class Wanderer, see Miror B..
|| This article is incomplete.|
Please feel free to edit this article to add missing information and complete it.
Reason: List of wandering Pokémon, as well as the ones that don’t respawn.
A wanderer (Japanese: 固定シンボルエンカウント fixed symbol encounter) is a type of wild Pokémon encounter found in the Galar region in Pokémon Sword and Shield. It is a wild Pokémon that appears in a fixed location in the overworld, and may react to the player's presence in the same manner as other symbol encounters.
The trigger for a wanderer to respawn varies. Some respawn as soon as the player leaves the area, some respawn at certain times (e.g. daily), and some never respawn.
In the Wild Area, wanderers appear at a higher level than other Pokémon in the area, including evolved forms that do not otherwise appear in the wild (i.e. listed as "Habitat Unknown" in the Pokédex). Wanderers in the Wild Area respawn once per day.
List of wanderers outside the Wild Area
- Chewtle appears in the middle of the route, on the open path before the Trainer Tips sign. It does not respawn.
- Yamper appears in the middle of the route, on the open path just past the Trainer Tips sign. It does not respawn.
- Drednaw appears on the island in the lake (requires an upgraded Rotom Bike). It does not respawn.
- Obstagoon appears in the northwest corner of the lake (requires an upgraded Rotom Bike). It does not respawn.
- Lapras appears in the water (requires an upgraded Rotom Bike). It does not respawn.
- Corvisquire appears perched on a rock next to the fenced-off path to a factory, where Sonia is initially encountered, but does not appear while Sonia is present. It respawns when the player leaves the area.
- On both cart tracks, a Carkol will run down the tracks from the Route 3 end towards the Route 4 end. If the player approaches from either Route 3 entrance, the Carkol will spawn when the player nears the tracks; from the Route 4 entrance, they will spawn after the player has walked up the tracks a ways. They can spawn again once the player leaves the area.
- A Woobat flies around the bridge that lies between the cart tracks. While several Woobat can be seen flying underneath the bridge, only one of the Woobat flies above the bridge, which is the only one that can be encountered. It respawns when the player leaves the area.
- Crawdaunt appears in the river, near the dead end (requires an upgraded Rotom Bike). It does not respawn.
- A pair of Diglett appear in the northwest paddock. They respawn when the player leaves the area.
- Eldegoss appears drifting over the east end of the bridge. It does not respawn.
- Several Stunfisk hide mostly beneath the soil with only their lips visible, resembling a tiny item ball. They will emerge from the dirt if stepped on or if the player whistles. After they have been encountered, they respawn when the player leaves the cave. Their locations are:
- Next to the northwest edge of the second pool of water.
- Just southeast of the southeast corner of the second pool of water.
- Next to the south edge of the second pool of water.
- Where the path first sharply turns from south to southwest.
- In a short passageway just south of the large open area, near a mine cart full of gems.
- Southeast of the southeastern-most pool of water.
- South of the southeastern-most pool of water.
- A Drednaw is roaming the cave in the large open area with a mine cart full of gems. It does not respawn.
- A Gastrodon is swimming in a pool in the northeast of the cave. It does not respawn.
- Impidimp is seen hiding behind a luminescent mushroom, near a dead end to the east, just before Cook Derek. It can respawn.
- Morgrem is located to the left of Madame Judy, behind a large tree. It can respawn.
- Crustle appears in the northwest, blocking the narrow path leading to TM43. It does not respawn.
- Falinks appear from various holes located around the ruins. They respawn every time the player exits the ruins.
- Glalie is located in the isolated area where TM64 is located. It does not respawn.
- Grapploct can respawn.
- Abomasnow is located south of the Trainer Tips sign. It respawns every time when exiting and re-entering the area.
- Beartic is located east of the Pokémon Camp. It respawns every time when exiting and re-entering the area.