User talk:Xknight 511
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Xknight 511!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Xknight 511/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --~~Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 02:56, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 10:53, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- This is the second time that you've violated the signature policy. First you decided to use a signature template, then you decided to put images in your signature. The policy says you can do neither. It's behaviors like that that led to both the recent userspace lockdown and the signature policy.
- You can consider this your final warning. Violate the signature policy again and you're looking at a block. --Shiningpikablu252 17:20, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- Thats okay, your welcome, some of the admins can be quite harsh and they like to throw there powers around cos they think they own the place. --Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 17:56, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- Cool thankyou. I dont meet the time requirement yet though. --Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 18:07, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- No its not like that. You have to be on for a certain amount of time before you can be nominated. Ive been on since June I think. --Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 18:11, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
Re: Black people play Pokémon too
Sure, I'll be your friend.
As for the "This user is black" tag, Shiningpikablu252 has a tag that says "This user is white"; you would have to modify that. But it's simple -- change white to black (both back color and text) and replace the Pokémon that's already there with Jynx (make sure you copy it to a subpage of your userspace first :). 欠番 19:53, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, my tag is at User:Shiningpikablu252/White. Not one to try to single out, I also made three other race/ethnicity tags in my userspace, and there's a black tag among them. --Shiningpikablu252 20:10, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
Re; Your essasge
Sorry, I've been very busy lately on homework and work. I have a big project in school AND at work. Due to that, I might not have as much time on Bulbapdia. Also, a "large vehicle" hit out phone/internet fiber cables, causing us to lose connection for a while. Sorry 'bout that...who's Dom? What did you do to him to make him or her so upset? There's a Marior Wiki? Never knew that.--☆Tavisource 18:29, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Its me, from Smashwiki. I must say, the users on this wiki seem a lot nicer than the ones on Smashwiki. Anyways, I see your skilled at Pokémon. I am not. Well anyways, what's up. I already got in trouble kind of.Smoreking 18:44, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, that is not a project. You're probably thinking of the Custom sprites project, but that is not what it is. That page was a just a page of all my friends and groups that we formed. And about being admin...I was this close to being admin. There weren't enough people voting. I didn't get alot of support, but I didn't get too much opposes, so TTEchidna just cut it off and I can be re-nominated on December 15. But I won't automatically be nominated again, someone must nominate me once more for that. And about the custom sprite project. THat's something different. THat's where we add stuff onto the sprites so that they represent the character in the anime more. Unless you are good at making sprites or have any ideas, then you won't have to worry about that if you don't want to. But that project is going smoothly now, especially since we have caught up to the current anime episodes and are just waiting for new episodes that feature Pokemon that are different. Of course, there were some times when certain users started a big argument, but I managed to resolve those. THis one time, way before you were here, I left for half a day, and when I cam back, I found out that they were having a HUGE rebellion to keep the custom sprites. It was all because of a misunderstanding. People didn't get used to them at first, and some started to say that they are not needed...so Guardian and Kuki started the rebellion against Force Fire and Hfc2x and other people. It didn't turn out so well. When I cam back, everyone was criticizing me and I had no idea what had happened. It took me days to figure out what had happened. So with that, I had decided to start a Custom sprite project so that won't happen again. At first, I had it under my user space, but when it got popular, Maverick Nate and I had to move it to a Bulbapedia project page. Things went smoothly and I handled it pretty well until TTEchidna sent me to the forums to discuss something. THat's when everyone started to say how much they had those sprites because they are not needed. It was supposed to be a discussion on peoples views on certain sprites, but it turned out to be a debate weather or not to keep the sprites. So I think I resolved that by stating the conclusions...and that simply ended it...now things are going smoothly and swiftly like it should be! :) And all the people who went against me had apologized and we became friends...THE END!--☆Tavisource 05:57, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
i Asked Him But He Hasn't got Back to me Yet =[ JimmyA562 23:54, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
So, where did you find the awesome GIF on your kirby wiki page? I'm YK. SilverCharmeleon 01:17, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, I'm not bad how about u? (sorry about the l8 reply).--MỸSTЄЯỸЊӘFF™ (TALK) 21:50, 7 March 2009 (UTC)