From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Siburke939!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- To upload images, please use the Bulbagarden Archives. To activate your account at the Archives, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia. This may also be used to activate an account at Bulbanews.
- If you wish to make a page for a character you made up, please do so at User:Siburke939/Name.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --ニョロトノ666
00:14, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
About the ATK / DEF DVs on Gen II shinies
As SnorlaxMonster said, they swapped ATK and DEF for the Transporter. I thought you might find the reason they did this interesting: it's impossible for a wild Pokémon in Gen I to be shiny in Gen II, as no DV combination that would produced a shiny can be generated by Gen I games. Thus, by swapping the ATK and DEF DVs values, shiny Pokémon can occur in the Transporter of Poké Bank. --Froggy25 (talk) 13:26, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
I've just seen that - thank you!
Just to confirm, my Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow has following IV's:
Will that be a shiny?
Also, does that mean that wild Pokemon (grass/cave/surf) can now be found shiny?
Siburke939 (talk) 20:05, 7 February 2017 (UTC)
- Well, nevermind, even with this ATK/DEF swap, it appears that no RBY wild Pokémon can be shiny. --Froggy25 (talk) 16:48, 10 February 2017 (UTC)