Welcome to Bulbapedia, Froggy25!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Froggy25/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
I know you've been an editor for a long time, but just want to point out the Preview button. It's a good way to check how an edit looks before actually posting it. Useful to find things like the missing signature you added in one of the edits! CycloneGU (talk) 05:21, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know, I usually double check but forgot to do it this time x_x --Froggy25 (talk) 05:36, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
This link is a nice find. However, why do you believe it is specifically the "Nintendo Space World '97 Mew"? Assuming it did air in 1997 as the uploader claims, there are 3 Mew events it could be: "7th Next Generation World Hobby Fair Mew" in Fukuoka, "Nintendo Space World '97 Mew", and "4th Next Generation World Hobby Fair Mew". Since the first 2 already have OTs listed (and OTs that fit the specific distributions), I would expect the OT you added to be the "4th Next Generation World Hobby Fair Mew". Is there some information indicating which Mew it is that I missed? --SnorlaxMonster 05:55, 1 August 2016 (UTC)
- It aired after the Porygon episode incident (which happened in December 1997, so it might have aired in early 1998 actually). 4th Next Generation World Hobby Fair Mew did not use a Distribution Machine. 7th Next Generation World Hobby Fair Mew OTs are cities where the Event took place. The OT for this Mew is Yoshi, and I'm pretty sure Mario, Peach and Bowser were used as well as possible OTs, both in Nintendo Space World '97 and Nintendo Space World '99, but without a reliable source I'm not adding them to this page. --Froggy25 (talk) 19:11, 3 August 2016 (UTC)