Welcome to Bulbapedia, PokemonTrainerLisa!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:PokemonTrainerLisa/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thanks for the comment, and helpful tips! Although, as an FYI, I don't intend to do much editing on Bulbapedia. I really don't know much about how this editing template works. So I mainly just wanted to comment on some of the Talk pages, and make an edit to the Ash Ketchum article (Trivia section). By the way, I'm sorry if I've made any mistakes, cause I wasn't aware of the rules here. ^^; --PokemonTrainerLisa 05:10, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
- I see, and, all users that don't have that Welcome get it ^^, you haven't made ny mistakes (not that I know of)PokeManiac102 05:11, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
Oh, really? That's cool! I didn't know about that. Thanks for telling me! One of my friends is also new to Bulbapedia, and he felt really bad that he received this comment. I'll have to tell him that it was just something that every new user receives. ^_^ --PokemonTrainerLisa 05:16, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
Hey Lisa!! I just thought I'd take some time to visit your usertalk page! Thanks for always being such an awesome friend to me. I couldn't ask for anything more! I know we'll be friends forever. :D --Brian
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Changes button... Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Thanks! --ForceFire 08:57, 20 March 2012 (UTC)