Welcome to Bulbapedia, Pokemaster11!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Pokemaster11/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 12:33, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
Would you really be interested in participating? If you could stick around and write an article or two, that would be great! I'm a competitive player myself, so I have a good idea of current and past archetypes, but I have a lot on my plate right now, so I haven't written any archetype articles in awhile. However, I was planning to get back to it soon myself, and a new user would be a big boost to the project. As a qualifying question, what do you think the best card in Great Encounters is? --ニョロトノ666 01:49, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Hey, you seem eager to help!
However, I gotta tell you, link templates: need them. Spelling things correctly: need it. Pokémon, Pokédex, Poké-anything needs a capital P. And please, when naming the TCG types... it's Fighting. Not fight. Otherwise you have no chance to survive make your time. TTEchidna 08:09, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- I said use them, don't remove them. TTEchidna 09:51, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
So, is it true?
Archaic removed a wikimedia article abot a license changeover. does that infringe on bulbapedia? More importantly is it true? Why am I writing on my talk page about this? Probably reflection.