Talk:Fairy Lock (move)
From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Details about the effect?
I haven't tried this move myself, but I'm curious about:
- This prevents ANY Pokemon (ally or opponent) from being switched out during battles, right?
- How long does the effect last? The in-game description is noted to say "the next turn".
--Stratelier 22:09, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
Regarding the research template on the page (Eject Button, Moves, Pokémon that weren't on the field at the time? (ie, replacement due to fainting))
I experimented with Fairy Lock with a friend and we found out that:
- Fairy Lock does not stop the effects of moves that force a switch, such as Dragon Tail, Whirlwind, or Roar.
- Fairy Lock does not stop the effects of items that force a switch, such as the Eject Button or the Red Card.
- As for Pokémon that weren't on the field at the time, I did not think on how to do that, but my best guess is that it would not be prevented (I cannot confirm)
If anyone wants/needs the battle video of the experiment, tell me.