User talk:Shiny Noctowl/Archive/June 2008
|Clickto post a message.|
|Welcome to my talk page! Post here if you need to contact me for any reason.|
- If it's within the 256 character limit, yes. And I htank you for creating the auto sig...it screwed up mine. It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links05:41 2 Jun 2008
you used to have an imagelink template. what happened to it, and what was the coding for it? i found it really useful!- - - 21:10, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
You currently have a few of your own custom sprites on the server. I was going to delete them but I wanted to give you some time to back them up if you haven't already. So please make sure you have the three above saved. We are currently going through the process of removing unnecessary items from the archive. This includes the aforementioned custom sprites. Please let me know when the sprites are either saved or you already have them. Thanks. -Sketchies 22:28, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- Why can't I have custom sprites on the Archives?
- Anyway, I have them saved on my computer, so it's okay to delete them now (except for, because I haven't backed it up yet). Can you also delete my userpage on the Archives for me? I created it as a collection of all images I've uploaded, but it got so big that it was unmanageable. --Shiny Noctowl 22:30, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
About that huge switch statement.
Sure, it's nice. Sure, it removes the need for having the ndex of the Pokémon on each of the sprite templates, but remember this: the ndex is already there for all 493 of them. Why bother removing it? Plus, Gen V comes out, that's another 100+ Pokémon to add, and another 100+ Pokémon names to change when we get the English ones! Templates don't need to be that automated. TTEchidna 06:06, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- It wouldn't be very hard to add them. I just used this to generate them, so I can just use it again. --Shiny Noctowl 11:58, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
- He doesn't have a Userpage so I don't think it applies to him. MoldyOrange 19:18, 11 June 2008 (UTC)
He gets on everyone's nerves, he apparently has been helping SKETCHIES and it said on a talk page he blackmailed someone on another site, now I don't think he would do that but there seems to be a lot of people baying for blood.F K 15:15, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- That's still no excuse for what you did. If he shouldn't have been able to edit, the admins would've banned him. You're doing exactly what Sailor Earth was doing when you took the admins' job into your own hands. --Shiny Noctowl 15:18, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
It's not taking the admins job into my hands, he is the worst brother you could wish for and gets on everyones nerves, both here in the Uk and on this site. F K 15:20, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Well if that's how you feel sorry. If you can find me 20 users on here that want him back I'll let him come back, but from what I can tell people here hate him.
Oh and your message to him is pointless, I'll tell him that I took the address away and changed the Bulbapedia accounts password, even though I didn't so he will think he can't even get onto his account, he will probably get angry and get into a strop but won't waste time trying to log in so he will never see your message. F K 15:28, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
And what part of pointless did you not understand, let me go through it again.
- He comes home from swimming.
- I ask him about all the edits he made.
- He will pretend nothing happened. (actually I don't know if anything happened)
- Then I will tell him, the password is changed and the email removed so even if he found a new address he wouldn't be able to use the account (even though he could)
- He will get upset but won't bother trying to log on or look at his talk page.
Rendering your comments useless
LOL F K 15:37, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
If that's how you feel
Then YES I am banning him and what are you going to do about it??? Besides you hated him anyways.
Lol F K 15:53, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
On that long message you typed out, you said I could create my own character, and to watch the messages from the editor, I read few a few and it said the talk space is banned, and that non Bulbapedia content is banned what does this mean. Jen The Ren 17:08, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Some people were abusing the userspace, so it was temporarily banned. Ask Fabu-Vinny or TTEchidna, they're admins. --Shiny Noctowl 17:10, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Can you tell me some ways in which I can contribute? I have joined Project Anime, but there doesn't seem to be much to do. Jen The Ren 17:36, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Just look around at the different articles. If you see something you can add to an article, add it. Also, if you see someone add something incorrect, remove it. --Shiny Noctowl 17:38, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
Thankyou, you have been a BIG help. Jen The Ren 17:39, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
We've discussed this before, and it was decided that there's no reason to use either American or Commonwealth English over the other. An edit simply to switch between "favorite" and "favourite" is more of a dick move than an actual contribution. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 21:58, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- American English used in translations has had a few nasty stings. Since some words have very different meanings over here. Note that I use En-UK naturally. Kinda petty edits to say it must be American English, if you ask me. Gywall(Talk) 10:05, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- Correct, using American English is only a guide. At no point should an edit contain solely changing from one to the other. Glinn Mgraw 13:28, 16 June 2008 (UTC)