Welcome to Bulbapedia, Flavescentjabot!
As a new user, you probably won't bother reading this and will make numerous poor edits and get yelled at before realizing anything, so, there isn't really a point to this, but if you wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing, check this out:
- You clearly have no idea how a wiki works, so, here's a basic overview of wiki code right here. I know you won't read it, but, hey, can't say I didn't try.
- Given you've already made a hash of it, showing you our style primer is sort of pointless. It's a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. Not that you care. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style, something else I guarantee you won't read.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia even though it changes about once every two months.
- At the very least, GET THIS RIGHT: The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox. Did you get that? It was some fancy stuff, but, that is seriously important.
- And before we get off-topic: The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is WRONG.
- Now, while it may be tempting to talk about yourself, we don't do that, especially as you, the player, isn't you. Its me, and that guy, that girl, and, uh, that...thing...the point being, Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, you know, those things you're always on chatting about how Bidoof is awesome? Please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- When adding a useless piece of information to an article, at least use link templates. They are official policy and they link articles to their respective location. They are also good for checking how wrong you are, all the time.
- If some asswipe is editing worse than you in recent changes, there's a good chance they are a vandal. If they haven't been dealt with, be useful and check out this page for how to deal with it. If YOU are a vandal, get a life you dickhead.
- Pages we need, but don't have (unlike that article you made about a fake glitch Pokémon), can be found here. Short articles that may require more information can be found here (that requires actually knowing what you're doing, so, skip it), while a list of articles that are ugly can be found here (don't be offended if you're article appears here, or deleted for that matter, because it sucked).
- If you think there will be a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, don't create or move the page to reflect your suspicions. We know you think you're right, and you may actually be right, but, proof is needed! Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired. But, sometimes, there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms). But, let the professionals do that as you will probably make a hash of it anyway.
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. After all, if it wern't, we wouldn't be able to show everyone the awesome glitch Pokémon you found! To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page for yourself, please create it at User:Flavescentjabot/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. You know, not your awesome glitch Pokémon or your Fakémon. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within as you will simply piss off everyone.
- By the way, make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook. We know you think its a wiki playground, but don't come crying to us when we delete your precious fan fiction. Granted, no one needs to read something where Ash goes on a date with a Gardevoir, so, you probably shouldn't make it all...
- There are a crap-load of restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. You will probably run into this a lot, so, we know you wont read up on the Userspace policy but, again, I warned you.
- No user is permitted to edit another user's page without permission. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, which you shouldn't have to worry about because your page is most likely the culprit.
- Speaking of your page, fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. Pretty much everything you wanted to create, or rather, did create. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator. Don't know why I said that knowing you won't anyway.
- A list of people who will most likely be yelling at you all the time (aka: administrators) can be found here. You should also contact them is bad things happen (aka: everything you do).
You didn't read any of that so, I don't know why I should bother writing anymore. I can write anything here and you will never see it. You suck! Go to hell! Yea, you won't know I said that. But, because I'm a nice guy, I'll leave on a happy note: Thank you, and have a good time editing here! -- MAGNEDETH 00:19, 16 April 2011 (UTC)