User talk:Eddie Blake
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Eddie Blake!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Eddie Blake/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --Shiningpikablu252 02:30, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
I just wanted to let you know that in order to edit your userspace, you must first contribute to the mainspace. You've made five userspace edits since May 27, and zero mainspace edits. Please put more focus on the mainspace. Thank you. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 04:50, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
- Just a reminder to edit the mainspace before making userspace edits. You've made three userspace edits since September 1st, and zero mainspace edits. I'd also like to inform you that we've restricted userspace editing to only one edit per day, granted you make mainspace edits as well. You've made two userspace edits today alone. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 06:18, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
When adding images to home video articles, make sure you have the correct region. The images you uploaded and added to the Region 4 page are actually Region 1 VHSes. You can tell the difference because Pioneer released the Pokémon VHSes in North America, whereas Siren released them in Australia. Additionally, the Australian VHSes all have Australian classifications on them (although you might find one with a New Zealand classification sticker over the top, since they usually just imported and used stickers on them).
To be fair, Region 1/4 are only for DVDs not VHSes (although the NTSC/PAL divide would still make them unplayable on the other region's systems), but that's how the articles are divided. --SnorlaxMonster 12:29, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
Pokémon the Series: XY - Collection 2
Hey, just wondering, what's your source for the last two episodes of Pokémon the Series: XY - Season 1 being missing from the DVD release? I couldn't find any online sources. Do you own the DVD yourself? --SnorlaxMonster 12:32, 8 February 2015 (UTC)
I own the DVD myself and the last episode on Disc 6 is Splitting Heirs and there are seven episodes per disc on Collection 2. (Oh to live in the Pokémon World! - unsigned comment from Eddie Blake (talk • contribs) 13:03, 8 February 2015 (UTC))
I've posted a message to Beyond Home Entertainment on their Facebook page and this is their response: Hi Daniel, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are looking into this now and will come back to you. Oh to live in the Pokémon World! - unsigned comment from Eddie Blake (talk • contribs) 04:01, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
- Ah, I had actually seen that question get asked when looking at their Facebook page yesterday. Hadn't realized it was you, and just thought some other people had noticed too. --SnorlaxMonster 05:02, 9 February 2015 (UTC)
Beyond Home Entertainment's apology for the mistake: . --Eddie Blake 23:25, 19 February 2015 (AEDT)
- Glad to know we not only worked out why they were missing, but actually got it fixed! --SnorlaxMonster 12:46, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
Hey SnorlaxMonster, I was in Sanity and saw they had a new copy of Pokemon XY Collection 2 with the extra four episodes. --Eddie Blake 15:46, 16 April 2015 (AET)
Hey, just letting you know that per the signature policy, your signature must at least resemble your username, and contain a link to your userpage. This ensured that users can tell who is leaving the comment. --SnorlaxMonster 05:02, 9 February 2015 (UTC)