Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Bulbasquirt!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Bulbasquirt/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
- Hey I got your e-mail. No problem! You didn't need to thank me or anything but thanks for doing so! To contact people on Bulbapedia, you can reply to their message by editing your own talk page, just as you would edit any other page, or (preferably) you can leave a message on their talk page! Porygon-Z 01:25, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, let's see if I can answer everything.
- >First of all, making userpages. You can't make a userpage as of now if you don't have one, and if you do have one (like me) you can't edit it. There has been a ban on the editing of all userpages since March 24. The moderators are trying to work this out though. When the ban lifts, just click your name on the top, and you will be able to make a userpage. To make another, for example a trade page, you would have to create a new page called User:Bulbasquirt/Trade (or whatever you want to call it)!
- >Secondly, I got Gold "back in the day" when it first came out.
- >Last of all, I will do that trade! I just need your friend code and a time.Porygon-Z 18:02, 25 April 2008 (UTC)
- The ban..I'm not sure when. If I get any info I'll tell you. I'll give you a level 100 Dialga for the Groudon, since all my other ones are only around level 60! To get a friend code, just go to the basement of the Pokemon Centre and talk to someone down there, I think. They'll ask you if you want a friend code blah blah blah. And what do you mean by "I got from Mining Museum at LVL 20 from Action Replay (Does it Matter)"?
- Just edit my talk page to reply. It's much more easier to do than for you to have to e-mail me. Talk pages are how users communicate on Bulbapedia. Just click here and press the little + at the very top of the page. And make sure you end your message with ~~~~! Porygon-Z 20:45, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
- 1) Nope, I'm sick of waiting too!!!
- 2) OK, good.
- 3) Well you kind of answered you own question when you types it in. It adds your name and the time you posted, so everyone knows.
- 4) Haha, need any help??Porygon-Z 22:47, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe you should try walking around your house. My connection only worked in one room before I got my brother to do something or other with it. And make sure you sign your messages! Porygon-Z 22:54, 28 May 2008 (UTC)
Well, if you're using a router, you might need to enter a long code for it to work. You see, your router may be locked so that no one can use your internet unless they know the code. Porygon-Z 17:54, 5 July 2008 (UTC)