Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Blastoise!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Blastoise/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
You have nothing to fear...
He was a once in a million user. When something goes wrong, many admins will let you know what you did wrong and explain how to correct it in the future. Our admins told him that advice, but he ignored it. He accused all of us of ganging up on him, when in fact we were not. Eventually, he even took it to the forums, where it was greatly ignored. He has a week-long ban because he posted obscenities all over the pages of random users. We joked about it for a while, but now we're serious about it.
So unless you do something epic like he did, most of the admins will treat you very well. And like I said, if you do something wrong, we'll let you know what happened.
- There's also a category about Bulbapedia policies. As for the deletion of talk page comments, I not sure if it is actually written policy. Since I joined in April 2006, nobody has ever been allowed to delete comments from their talk pages. In Yami's case, he was deleting an administrator's request for him to stop removing content, which is something you really shouldn't do here. --PAK Man Talk 05:50, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
- You would have to talk to Zhen Lin, our editor-in-chief, about that. Policy is that one must have a legitimately good reason for changing their name, but I think he's allowed everyone to change their name who has requested it so far. There may have been one he hasn't, but I can't recall. --PAK Man Talk 05:59, 9 September 2008 (UTC)
This may differ from wikipedia
We prefer as few userspace edits as possible, so it is advised that you use the preview button, add everything in one edit if possible and limit yourself to no more than three edits per day, or else , you might get yelled at by another user. MoldyOrange 21:36, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
SharKing's Lessons: Italicizing
To italicize, put 2 ' marks (not in " form) before the term, and another 2 after to italicize. 3 in each position makes for bold text, and 5 makes for bold-italic. SharKing 21:45, 12 September 2008 (UTC)SharKing
- Oops. I took a closer look and you ask if you should italicize. My mistake.
- As for the answer... well, I can't provide one. SharKing 21:48, 12 September 2008 (UTC)SharKing