From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
This page is a archive of old discussions, and should not be edited. If you feel that a discussion here needs to be revisited, move it to my current talk page.
First person to mess up this page gets banned! Oh wait... *bans self*
...it is now safe to post here. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 00:33, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
*Banned*. Can you edit this page please. It's a UP in the stub category. Porygon-Z 15:59, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Done. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 16:30, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Potential vandal... Porygon-Z 16:57, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Only has one edit, and it's nothing too awful. Merely a warning should do, perhaps it's a new user testing editing, or someone who actually believes what they wrote. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 18:54, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Get on vynaiocc. I need to ask you somthing. Warwick 10:37, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Re: Signature Policy
Thank you very much for informing me on the new policy! I'll get rid of my signature template once we're able to edit user pages again. --Lime 16:39, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- "No need to worry!" I did the 4 you had that weren't on userpages. I just wanted you to be totally fixed so that you didn't have to deal with all the junk. MoldyOrange 22:52, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- If you're done with the template, let me know, I can delete it for you. I don't think it's in use anywhere anymore. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 02:01, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
- I use it, but it would be longer bytes if I didn't use itPokeManiac102 02:06, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
Wonder if mine fits. It is over 80 characters...I think...OptimatumTalk|Links19 Apr 2008
- The 80-character limit is when rendered, not the coding itself. So you signature is well under limit. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 08:48, 19 April 2008 (UTC)
- Oh...Thanks for clearing that up. OptimatumTalk|Links19 Apr 2008
How do I make that table?
--AKgirl 16:02, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- Ugh, what did you do to your sig?•Pokemaniac102 16:08, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- I fixed it•Pokemaniac102 16:10, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, I see the signature problem. Make sure the "Enable Raw Signatures" box is checked in your preferences, under your nickname (otherwise it messes up the coding).
- Anyway, original subject. Which table are you talking about, the one at the top of my page or something? You've got full permission to just copy any coding you like that I've done... edit the page, copy the coding in question, then modify the coding as you like to your own personal tastes. One trick I use is to edit small bits, then use "Show Preview" to see what changes. That way, I can figure out which coding does what. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 12:40, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
Sig Policy Questions
Are random quotes and such permitted at the end of one's signature? Is it admissible to sign one's comment with a phrase completely unrelated to their username? Is it allowed to sign one's comment in the middle?
What's your favorite color? --ニョロトノ666 21:36, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- you got to it before i did. id like to add, is it necessary to use 4 tildes, as opposed to 3? (date and time) -- MAGNEDETH 21:37, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- Let's see... there's a few things that technically aren't a part of the policy, and as such I only enforce if it's really disruptive.
- Random quotes; so long as it's not too long, it's within the rules. I suggest to anyone that they save quotes for their userpages, and keep their signature a signature, but in the end, it's up to them. (I suppose I would officially ask them to change it if the quote wasn't a suitable one for a signature.)
- I strongly encourage users to reflect their name in their signature, on way or another; while it's not a rule, I would like to have that clause added at some point. Short version of your name, a nickname, stuff like that, I have no problem with. But signing your name as a completely different name altogether? It raises the problem that if someone else registers your "nickname" as an account, suddenly you're impersonating them. Optimus has the Optimus35 account registered, so there's no trouble there, for example. But if another user were to do the same thing without having a similar account name, it could raise problems. Once again, not an official rule yet.
- Signatures generally go on the end, so they're easy to find... you also know where the comment ends. But where you put it is generally up to you; keep in mind, if you add your signature to the end of someone else's comment, or the beginning of your own, chances are someone else will fix it or add an "unsigned" template to the end of your comment (because they might not know that you did sign the comment).
- On the same subject, adding the date and time isn't necessary, but it greatly helps out other users who might want to know who said what when. It's mostly just a courtesy thing though, and you're more likely to get complaints from other users then from admins on the subject. On that note, Optimus used to have a nifty trick where the time and date was built-in to his signature...
- My favorite color is green. Forest green preferably. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 12:36, 28 April 2008 (UTC)
- I still have that 'nifty' trick, Geo...OptimatumTalk|Links2 May 2008
- Ah, I hadn't realized it was still there. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 14:38, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- And I hadn't noticed that I forgot the time...OptimatumTalk|Links01:55 3 May 2008
- Does my quote fit the criteriaC is for Cookie 01:57, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- Seems fine to me. So long as nobody complains about it, I think it's fairly easy to figure out who's posting (not many users here with Cookie in their name).
- Only thing I will suggest is adding -- or a space to the front of it, so it doesn't kinda melt right into your comment like it does now. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 03:28, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
Is sticking out where the usertags are. Maybe not on yours but on mine, it's sooo screwed...OptimatumTalk|Links2 May 2008
- Really nasty side effect of Internet Explorer's inability to understand a lot of .CSS-type style code. Until I figure out how to set that box back where it's supposed to be, it'll have to stay as it is... by the way, the page looks awesome in Firefox. (but everything does, of course.) -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 15:23, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- It's true. Porygon-Z 16:02, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- Still, keeping in mind that lots of people use IE anyway, I'll try to track down a fix that doesn't mess up my page. It's not a priority, though. (people can still read my intro section, which is the only important part.) -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 18:04, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
RZ2020 is messing up pages and made a page called "My Trainer Card." in the mainspace. Also tried to add their card to the normal "Trainer Card (game)" article. Porygon-Z 16:37, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
- He seems to have stopped since your warning, and TTE already got his trainer card deleted. Looks to me like he's a bit of a newbie when it comes to wiki editing, so I don't think he's being a vandal on purpose. I have his talk page on my watchlist as well, in case. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 18:00, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Can you change by age to 180,834,803,808,032,323,8776,3423,927 628,480,840,017,385,975,625,196,395 years old now? --Moisesmorales δ 00:37, 6 May 2008 (UTC) P.S. Can I have your talk page teplate too?
- I'm afraid I can't change ages until Zhen Lin grants me access to the Time Space Continuum usergroup. But feel free to copy any coding you like from my page. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 04:42, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
ATTENTION: ALL GOOD BATTLERS
- For all good battlers, i have an announcement:
- i have been chosen for recruiting for a new "secret site"
- if you are interested, post on my talk page, or post after this, and i will get to you
- you will be selected after you are tested. You will be assigned a tester when i get to you
- thanks Patriotfan09 21:14, 6 May 2008 (UTC)
- New Announcement:
- I've taken a look at the boards, looks interesting. When I get a full team active and set for battles, perhaps I'll drop in. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 04:29, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- ok, thanks. And, please spread the word to all Bulbapedians Patriotfan09 16:57, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Most of the ones I know already visit my talk page occasionally, so I'll just leave this here for them to see. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 17:43, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- thanks, we need more people to join. Patriotfan09 23:12, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
I found this one a few months ago. 151 redirects to Mew, which is wrong, because that could mean One Hundred Fifty-One Porygon-Z 18:22, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yeh, a disambiguation is definitely in order for that one. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 18:29, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Done. Take a look at it. Think that covers everything?
- Something like that wouldn't be too tough to manage for the rest of the Pokémon 'Dex numbers... the higher numbers wouldn't need as many links, either (a few 'Dex lists stop off at 151, and beyond 250-ish, it's just National 'Dex numbers). -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 18:49, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
Call me crazy, but I think that something about the UP ban might be useful in the welcome template. Porygon-Z 22:10, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Or maybe just a note to check the "Message from the Editor" section on the main page, rather then having to explain the userspace ban in the welcome itself. I'll see if something can fit in there. (telling users to pay attention to the message is just generally useful info anyway.) -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 22:12, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- That might work too. The real problem is getting people to read the welcome. I think it's may too long...needs to be short sweet and to the point. Porygon-Z 22:15, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Shortening it is a job for another time, I think. Only simple way I can think to shorten it would be to include most of the rules on a different page, but in that case, you still have the problem of making people read it... -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 22:20, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- True. After reading the welcome I realized that it pretty much all needs to be there. Porygon-Z 22:24, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for your help with my sig Patriotfan09 23:41, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- Not a problem. It's basically my job, anyway. :D -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 23:48, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- ok then, just thanking you, cus im nice Patriotfan09 00:38, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- Hehe, I never complain about getting a thank you! Glad your signature's working now. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 16:38, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- allright then, and im glad too Patriotfan09 23:28, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
I kinda need help...
With the signatures, would this be okay?
--Ruru bla bla bla . My name is based on my website, Ruru Poké Page, so I think that'd be appropriate and the text be whatever for my talk page... I just want to know before I do anything. Rpp 19:55, 16 May 2008 (UTC)Rpp
- Hmm, I would suggest you keep a bit of your username in there, maybe actually use your full website name?
- Or something of the sort. You still keep the "RPP" part, but you emphasize your name, "Ruru". Of course, if you decide to keep the current design you're thinking of, it's technically fine. So long as nobody complains (I don't think it'll be a big problem), then it breaks no rules. So go for whatever you like. :D
- ...hmm, now I'm slightly confused though... the coding should make the "Ruru" blue, and the "bla bla bla" red... but it's doing the opposite... ah, I see it. Remove the ; from the code, you only need the ; in span tags. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 03:48, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
Is it ok if I use your table thing for my talk page? It's really cool and I was hoping I could use it with different colors! YinYang 18:17, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Me too--KukiTalk 18:18, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- There is no need to ask, just take it! That is what everyone else did, but we give him credit in our's. MoldyOrange 18:46, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- Great! YinYang 18:53, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- Credit's not even necessary, it just makes me feel warm inside. :D Take the coding, study it even, that's how I learned to make the table and my userpage. Whenever I see something cool, I look at the code, and learn from it. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 18:57, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Is this new signature okay? --Shiny Noctowl 23:47, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- Yep, all good. So long as it all fits in your preferences, then it's not too long... and it's not messing up the line spacing, so no problems. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 03:54, 26 May 2008 (UTC)
Sig Rule Breaking
I'm sure you can pick out what's wrong. Porygon-Z 17:55, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
- I'm assuming you mean King Elemento's signature? Shining actually fixed it, so I had to dig through the page history to find the problem. :D
- Magnedeth already warned him it seems, I'll just give him a link to the signature policy for reference. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 16:19, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
for refrence sake, i quite enjoyed your deletion journey, so ive taken the liberty of collecting it for you starting from 50.
50. thanks to your slower pace this time around, you arrive in tip-top shape and prepare to leave once more for Sixty.
55. spotting Sixty ahead, you begin to run...
57. you trip over one of the numbers, but quickly regain your balance and continue
58. almost there!
59. I see you, Sixty! You're mine!
60. Sixty! ...sixty? No! It's a fake. The road continues on.
62. you begin to feel misled and disillusioned. There's no end in sight.
63. you sit at the side of the road to rest.
64. falling backwards, you realize that the true path was underground all along!
65. unfortunately, it's far underground, and you hit your head at the bottom.
66. you wake up, dazed.
67. there's light ahead!
68. you break into a run.
69. almost there!
70. arriving, you quickly notice that this isn't the end of your journey. You decide to rest for a while.
theres more?? good luck on the journey. -- MAGNEDETH 23:45, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- wait, are you talking about the complete deletion of my namespace? It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links02:44 4 Jun 2008
- yes. as he deleted, he added tid-bits of info. i found it humorous. these are all the tid-bits. he made a little story as he went. -- MAGNEDETH 03:05, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- Pretty funny, but he died at twenty-something, I think. 21! It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links03:11 4 Jun 2008
- I died, but was mysteriously resurrected. Perhaps the unknown benefactor will show up again (if someone else hasn't finished the deletion for me already). -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 03:34, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
71. waking up, you set out on your journey anew...
73. as you walk along the strangly-numbered path, you feel as though someone is watching you...
74. something is certainly watching you. You proceed with caution.
77. you hear footsteps behind you, but as you turn, they fade away...
78. you keep moving, but whoever was following you seems to have left.
Best I could do? It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links13:57 4 Jun 2008
79. you see Eighty up ahead. Smoke is on the horizon as well... someone is there?
80. there's the remains of a camp, hastily left. There's a note: "keep it up."
81. you feel slightly uneasy, but at the same time, whoever it was doesn't seem dangerous.
82. your journey continues in silence.
87. the repetition is starting to get to you. You could have sworn you passed by a few letters...
88. you see something shining ahead, on the path. It's a cupcake, with a lit candle! But who put it there? You eat it anyway.
89. the cupcake was good, but much too small. You're feeling hungry now.
90. a big number, but there doesn't seem to be anything special here.
96. it's quiet. Too quiet.
99. something's coming. Something... big.
100. it was something big. The numbers now have a third digit! You inspect the path, but aside from the new numbers, nothing has changed.
103. once again, you see smoke on the horizon... it's far off, though...
106. the smoke is getting closer!
109. you're running out of steam...
110. it's just ahead... you can make it!
111. you arrive, but the person left before you arrived. But wait, you can see them running!
112. he... or she... is fast! You're having trouble keeping up...
113. "wait!" you shout, but they don't seem to be listening.
114. they got away. And now you're worn out... you stop to rest for the night, and realize there's no night or day on this path.
good stuff. how many damn pages do you have O35???
btw, do you prefer Jio, Geo, JD, or other? -- MAGNEDETH 02:33, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- No idea. I've made several of them...wait. Oh crap. Diamond and Pearl guide. Too late to restore it? It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links02:35 5 Jun 2008
- its not gone. -- MAGNEDETH 02:37, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Hate to inform you...but some of those pages also had talk pages that need to be deleted as well. Sorry!! MoldyOrange 02:41, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Easy too. Just take the User namespace and change it to User talk. There's a drop down menu there. It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links02:42 5 Jun 2008
- i think JD is going to actually die. -- MAGNEDETH 02:45, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Meh. It need not be him doing it. Could very well be Bulbasaur or Bulbabot It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links02:46 5 Jun 2008
- only Zhen can program the bot to do it. -- MAGNEDETH 02:52, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
- Which is quite sad. It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links02:53 5 Jun 2008
- Yes, this is getting quite long... don't worry, I won't die though. As far as you know. I make no promises.
- ...hmm, names... Geo, Jio, JD, I can recognize all of them, so it doesn't really matter much to me. Geo or Jio are my two favorites, I suppose. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 09:23, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
Just wondering if I should delete any old ones I see? I know that we aren't supposed to use them now, but the oldies? Theininen 22:56, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- You mean updating old signatures? It's probably a good idea to remove big, distracting images from signatures, but removing images from every old signature would probably be a bit too much work to be worth it. I don't see much problem in leaving most of them, unless the signatures are particularly distracting, and/or on particularly prominent talk pages. (Keep in mind that most talk pages are out-of-the-way, or archived frequently.)
- So, bottom line, I don't think the oldies should be a problem, so editing images out probably isn't necessary. Unless it's really making a page hard to read through, then I wouldn't bother with it. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 08:14, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks, just wondering. Theininen 18:19, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
I'd like to be removed from the list too. --Shiny Noctowl 00:34, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
And me. Now I'm terrified of starting a war in Bulbapedia. BlueJirachi 00:41, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Excellenr, the list of Rebel Alliance leaders is Dwindling. Soon, WE SHALL RULE THE GALAXYEmperor's Cookies 01:39, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Don't get cocky, or they'll blow up your Death
Star Cookie. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 01:47, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Bah, the only weakness is an exhaust pipe 1 meter wide.....Emperor's Cookies 01:50, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
You mean Death Cookies (a stack makes it more spherical, especially if there is a pair of cookies with the flatter sides touching)--KukiTalk 02:01, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I love Star Wars analogies. (Am I off the list?)BlueJirachi 02:06, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- This is not the page you are looking for. Move alongEmperor's Cookies 01:56, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
You'd think I'd fall for that? BlueJirachi 02:06, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- My Jedi Mind tricks do not work on you, old manEmperor's Cookies 02:08, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm not an old man, I'm a young woman. BlueJirachi 02:12, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Dark Coothie Monster!--KukiTalk 02:11, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ive got a bad feeling about this.....Emperor's Cookies 02:14, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
What, that I'm a girl?BlueJirachi 02:15, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Its a trap!Emperor's Cookies 02:15, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Stay away from Jabba! -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 02:17, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I have the death Sentence on 12 systems.....Emperor's Cookies 02:18, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I actually haven't watched all of the Star Wars movies (recently, at least), so I'm going to have to exclude myself from this reference-fest. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 02:20, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Come on. Why don't you take a look around. You know what's about to happen, what they're up against. They could use a good user like you, you're turning your back on them. Emperor's Cookies 02:21, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
By the way, better protect that exhaust pipe... Someone might get in that way...BlueJirachi 02:24, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- The battle station is heavily shielded and carries a firepower greater than half the star fleet. It's defenses are designed around a direct, large-scale assaultEmperor's Cookies 02:25, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
So that pipe's totally protected, right?BlueJirachi 02:26, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Where are you taking this... thing?Emperor's Cookies 02:28, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I have no clue what you're saying.BlueJirachi 02:31, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I find your lack of Faith Disturbing......Emperor's Cookies 02:34, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Uh....BlueJirachi 02:37, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, I am done quoting star warsEmperor's Cookies 02:42, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--KukiTalk 20:06, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I just logged in and the petition page is back albeit with a few people who have been intimidated off the list.
Did you restore it, if so thank you. You seem to understand.
This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, we started a project, Me, Blue Jirachi and Kuki, the idea was we would get enough signatures to show support for a system like Wikipedia, where admins are voted for and alternate sprites are allowed.
Then lots of people started signing, we got 11 in 2 hours, then we get branded a rebel alliance, our User tag is deleted, page deleted members given warnings to be silent.
Then I think you restored the page, to allow us freedom of speech, and then Optimatum and DCM lauch attacks on me calling me in total.
A WAR MONGERING POWER HUNGRY NEW BASTARD THAT SHOULD FUCK OFF AND GET HIS OWN WIKI.
Even now the page is protected so we can't edit it, why is that, to keep us silent? Guardian of Earth 10:00, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I believe it was Shiningpikablu252 that restored the page, it was only restored for the purpose of being linked to from the thread. The restoration of that page is not an indication of support, nor is it a license to continue clogging talk pages with discussions on this matter. As the admins have have made clear, discussion on this topic is to be taken to the forums.Trainer-c 10:39, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I only used four of those words.........Emperor's Cookies 12:14, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
you became a sysop on my birthday! OrigamiGuy-T-C-M 18:51, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Please block Ph34r4ever or Optimus 35 whatever his name is.
He still keeps on insulting me, and they are getting worse.
On Taviources talk page I said that alternate sprites wouldn't hurt the server and he then posted.
"Idiot. This is a personal attack and I'm not afraid to say it, but motherfucker, you're going down."
Please stop him, he is making my time here hell. Guardian of Earth 19:02, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I agree. He is being very annoying and totally messing up my talk page.--Taviource 19:04, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Correction: Sailor Earth has been annoying and adding talk page comments does not "mess up talk pages!" MoldyOrange 19:07, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- With that language?...YES!!! And Sailor Earth has not been annoying but has been a good friend. -Taviource 19:11, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I concur with moldy orange.Emperor's Cookies 19:21, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- HELLO!!!!!!?????!!!! ARE YOU AWAKE??!!?? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!!!????!!!!--Taviource 19:25, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Although he uses crude language, his points are valid. Althoguh the sprites are cool, they waster upload space, and the ore new sprites you add, the longer the loading timeEmperor's Cookies 19:27, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- If you block Ph34r3ver, then block me too. I saids the same things with a littler better languageEmperor's Cookies 19:31, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Have you been all like "I'mma kill you man". Let us do our jobs, don't attack people. We'll enforce the policy. TTEchidna 19:34, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Also, as I have a final now, I'm handing it off to Jio or whoever sees this message first, to determine what to do now. Sigh. TTEchidna 19:36, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- I just think that this sprite thing has gotten way out of hand. If they wouldn't have ever made them, the "war" wouldn't have started and everyone would have been normal and content. I just thought that the whole thing over the past couple of days has been extremely stupid. MoldyOrange 19:38, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, so do I. Internet war never changes. TTEchidna 20:04, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
- Nice pass! Thanks for the baton, TTE. Ew, it's all sweaty...
- Hmm. Really, this is such a simple situation, and it's getting blown out of proportion... let me see what I can manage...
- TTE already blocked Ph43r4ever for his comment. Valid points or not, he made his comment in a hostile manner, and admitted it. I understand the frustration, but loosing one's head is never a good thing. First things first, I'd suggest that everyone else try to keep a level head as well, or banning users for a few days will be the only option to cool things off.
- On the subject of Alternate Sprites... lots of extra sprites will slow down the server, but just a few won't hurt. Things like Ash's Squirtle are harmless enough, and I don't mind them being around. But we really don't need much more then a few... Tavi, you're the one making most/all of these sprites, correct? I'd say go for it if you want to create tons, but let's only upload a few of them. Do you have someplace else you can upload sprites perhaps? If you still want to show them off or something. Photobucket comes to mind, for one.
- As for any discussion on the DPODB subject, that should be taken to the forums. It's easy enough to make an account there (just as easy as making one here, at least). This thread was already started for the discussion, and if you have suggestions for making Bulbapedia better, by all means, post them there.
- Shining restored Sailor's page for linking purposes, but nobody actually added a link (because it's protected)... I'll go add that myself, for anyone who hasn't already seen the forums.
- I think that's about it for my comment here... let's try to keep any discussion on sprites or democratic processes on the forums, in one spot, instead of spreading the conversation across everybody's talk page. And most importantly, let's not making any of this personal; it's not an insult to Tavi's sprites if we don't use them due to server space concerns, etcetera. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 23:23, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
i was trying to put a picture at the top of my page, but i wanted it off to the right as to not bother the rest of my pre-talk page text. normally no big deal with our fancy img boxes, but the pic is site unrelated (sort of) and i didnt want to archive it, so, its an outside URL. so, i put it in a userbox so its out of the way, and does the job. well, initially it worked, but, i came on today and found it missing. no one removed it, in fact, the HTML text is still there, but it is invisible. i read somewhere (on TTEs talk i think) that userboxxes are invisible on talk pages. crap. so, i ceated a fancy table like you have on your talk page (and many others) but found that the picture would not show up. basically, im wondering if you, being the HTML master you are, can help me out here. if you go to my talk page, the userbox thing is still there, but it doesnt show up. you cant see the coding until you edit the page. -- MAGNEDETH 00:01, 12 June 2008 (UTC)
the initial question no longer stands, but if you could answer the question anyway, for future reference, i would appreciate it. -- MAGNEDETH 04:32, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- The problem with the Userbox code was that it's designed in a particular shape/size, I think... I forget what exactly it was. I changed it to a normal
<div> tag, and if you add "Align=right;" to that, it'll set the whole thing to the correct side. Divs are perfect for aligning images and stuff.
- ...actually, I could have sworn I changed it, but I can't find my edit anywhere, so perhaps it never went through. Hmm.
- Anyway, div tags = good, for that kind of stuff. I ran into the problem of the image still not showing up (it was either showing the URL, or making it into a link), but the box worked, at least. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 04:39, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- thats exactly the problem i had. i got the box to stay right, but it just read the text instead of making the pic. oh well. i cant do what i wanted to anyway. id probably get in trouble.. -- MAGNEDETH 04:47, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
Alright. Thanks. [Greets, mewX (TALK)] 09:50, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
Hsppy Birthday by Optimus or Ph34r4ever or whatever his name is
Gah, was too busy to send you a note. Anyway, HSPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY!!! It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links10:57 29 Jun 2008
Ure 20 Derako?--KukiTalk 19:06, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- I am now, yep. Twenty years, five days. I still need to update my age on a few websites... sort of a birthday ritual at this point... -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 05:01, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- You're old.CongratulationsEmperor's Cookies 13:59, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Not that old, based on the birthday cards people keep sending me... you'd think there would be an age limit on bright and colorful birthday cards, covered with stars, balloons, and cupcakes.
- In an ironic twist of fate, my grandparents still acknowledge the fact that I'm too old for birthday presents anymore. (I'll pretend that's correct, so they at least get something right.) -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 09:33, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- At least you got your bike and an injury. It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links09:38 2 Jul 2008
- Bike's wearing in and injuries are healing up, so it's all good. I did manage to pop a tire and break a chain link on my bicycle already, but benefit of a bike shop bike is that you can go to the bike shop and have it fixed right on the spot. (one of the guys gave me tips on changing the tire, and when I broke the chain, they fixed it for free.) -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 21:02, 3 July 2008 (UTC)
- What reall leaves me fascinated...is how they could function during the blackout. It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links23:46 4 Jul 2008
- You lost me. How could what function? -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 05:32, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Bike store05:48, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm, they have big windows for one, so during the day, it's well-lit. And really, they use all analog tools (no electric stuff), so no power = no problem.
- If you're referring to the blackout I just had recently, I don't think it actually stretched out that far, so the bike shop might not have lost power. I don't know for sure. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 08:19, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
Thank you so much for banning him--CoolPikachu! 06:37, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
Something tells me Sailor Earth isn't gone just yet???
- You put that, Sailor. Oh, and Jio, please block me till 14:00 September 30th (GMT+0:00). It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links23:58 12 Jul 2008
Yeah i forgot to sign. Why are you asking to be banned Optimus? Guardian of Earth 23:59, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
- Talk page, TALK PAGE. I blame my life, I blame PAP, I blame the British for leaving us in the dirt...It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links00:09 13 Jul 2008
- You were less active, at the very least, Sailor. :D
- Ban you? Are you sure? I mean, I can, but isn't simpler for you to just refrain from going on Bulbapedia for a little while? Good exercise for your willpower... -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 04:12, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry dude, no will power. Being a 12 year old girl will do that to a person. :/ It's the Θρtιmαtum♏Talk|Links05:52 13 Jul 2008
- I tried to do that once, didn't work. MoldyOrange 04:20, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
- I have great willpower, I did that twice to this website, for a long time both, the second so recent that I just came back. But for both I actually got bored of Pokémon, until something major happens that brings me back. Ah, yes the exams, I remember that we talked about that MANY months ago, and for real, I brush my teeth and do all that stuff EVERY MORNING.~Pokemaniac102 04:26, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
well, i have a signature but when i do the 4 tide thing, it is all messed up and looks like this: --'''[[User:InuMimi|<span style="color:#CC99CC">いぬ</span>]][[User talk:InuMimi|<span style="color:#CCCCCC">みみ</span>]]''' 16:33, 26 July 2008 (UTC). the button on the toolbar does the same thing. i have to actually copy my signature and paste it.
also, i know we can't use images in signatures but i've seen other people have images. is it because they are moderators or something? --いぬみみ16:10, 26 July 2008 (UTC).
- No, the images appear in earlier signatures because they were made prior to the signature policy falling into place.
- As for the problem with your signature, odds are it's bad coding. I'm not sure how to fix it, maybe Jioruji Derako can...--Shiningpikablu252 16:15, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
And you have a Mew Sprite--KukiTalk 16:16, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
well, i copy and pasted it from the nickname section on my prefereces page.
いぬみみ16:32, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe you should try your copy-and-paste method using the most recent signature into your preferences. It's worth a shot, at least...--Shiningpikablu252 16:37, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
i tried, it doesn't work...and for some reason when i use the 4 tides the code changes to a bunch of weird symbols and numbers that replaced what was really suppose to be there. いぬみみ16:50, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm. Nothing wrong with the coding; I tested it in my own preferences, and it worked. I'm going to guess the "Raw Signatures" box in your preferences is unchecked. Make sure that's turned on, otherwise it tries to disable the coding and screws it up. And make sure to copy+paste the coding from your last comment here just to be sure, because that coding is the one I used. -- Jïörüjï Ðērākō.>.cнаt^ 06:33, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
i got it to work by checking the raw signature box. thank you for the help! --いぬみみ 18:47, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
| Show/Hide Box
| Hidden content