Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- Cynthia's grandmother in the game AND anime...why don't you add it, your grammars probably way better.--☆Tavisource 03:30, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
What do you guys think about moving this page to "Cynthia's grandmother"? Because in the games she wasn't given a name and was also not a professor. Its only the anime that made her like that. Then we could have different sections of the anime and games and only mention Karashina in the anime section. That is if someone can add info on the games. Jmath 14:11, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
- I agree with Jmath! We should either move the page to "Cynthia's grandmother" (because it's the anime which gave him such name and status) or split the articles (Karashina and Unnamed "Cynthia's grandmother" from games and mangas) and consider the two as Inter-Media Counterparts. --Maxim 21:26, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- He was at Professor Nanakamado before we knew he was Rowan. More often than not, "Dr. X" who studies Pokémon becomes "Professor X" in English. It's not the rule, just what kind of happens when Dr. Ookido became Prof. Oak, Dr. Utsugi became Prof. Elm, Dr. Odamaki became Prof. Birch, and Dr. Namakamado became Prof. Rowan. People end up guessing that she'll become Prof. Something or Other. Anyway, her appearance in English is less than 10 weeks off. As long as Dr. Karashina redirects here it'll get updated by the redirect fixer as soon as it's moved to her English name. TTEchidna 09:06, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
Is it relevant she looks very similar to Stage Madonna Kate? I just read a comment about it and I have to agree, they do look a lot alike But I'm not sure if it's relevant.--Dman dustin 07:54, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
- Quite true, but not really relevant to the article. You know, once you add it on the Trivia section, users would start deleting it with the edit summary "Speculation".. Who knows, maybe someday, it'd be revealed that they are relatives.. ►Ҝəυzø8 07:59, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Her appearance in anime and in pokemon adventure(comics) are totally different.Is it noticeable? I think most character look alike.But for her in comics she was short and kind looking old-man.Meearaimeng 04:20, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Well, I think the manga counterpart deserved to be mentioned in a different section, because their actions are different from the anime.--Hikaru Wazana 18:20, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Considering that only the anime character is named Professor Carolina, this article title seems very misleading... I would suggest "Cynthia's grandmother," which, while not the official name of the character, would be general enough for readers to understand. ht14 22:02, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
She is a game character first and for-most, her anime and even manga counterparts are based on her actions in the games. She should be called "Cynthia's grandmother", I agree. Trotz59 (talk) 05:15, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
- I vote for "Cynthia's grandmother" as well, given that she's only named Carolina in the anime. --The Great Butler (talk) 05:43, 23 September 2013 (UTC)