User talk:Trainer Yusuf
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Trainer Yusuf!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Fixing move learning errors
I don't normally go out of my way to thank people, but I really appreciate what you're doing. The integrity of our move learnlists is one of the most critical things on the wiki, and it is really upsetting to see it has so many mistakes. Thank you very much for going through and correcting them. --SnorlaxMonster 18:39, 16 July 2014 (UTC)
So, when are we going to have a seperate column for OR/AS levels like we have for other games?
Or can someone tell me how to edit the templates? Trainer Yusuf (talk) 19:54, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
As far as I know, the moves articles should get a new header only when an existing mechanic is altered (like moves power, priority, accuracy, Thunder ignoring accuracy checks altogether during rain in G5, Blizzard's accuracy check being added in G4 instead of G3 and then modified in G5, or Toxic getting special accuracy for Poison-type Pokemon in G6) and such; there's no point for doing so for new mechanics that haven't been present in past generations at all (like for Razor Leaf). Most articles aren't updated to reflect that, though. Eridanus (talk) 16:10, 22 May 2015 (UTC) Well, I disagree with SnorlaxMonster. It would make more sense if we included the changes granted by new mechanics as unlike Physical/Special split these are not obviously presented and their effects have been on in-game text.
For example, new mechanics brought in by Doubles and Triples have affected different moves differently.
But sure, I'll stop now. Feel free to reverse the changes. Trainer Yusuf (talk) 16:26, 22 May 2015 (UTC)
The Preview Button
Instead of editing a page several times in a row, try using the preview button to make sure your edit looks the way you want it to. It's right next to the Save Page button. Please try it out, so as not to clog up the Recent Changes. Also, if you want to edit multiple sections of the page, make sure that you click "edit this page" at the top of the page rather than editing it by section. Thanks! ----~~ThePokémonFanSince1995~~-- 12:48, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
My connection is pretty bad, so I generally save edits bit by bit. But yeah, sure.Trainer Yusuf (talk) 13:11, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
- If your connection is bad, you can put all the changes you want in Notepad, so when your connection is cut, your changes won't be lost. If you are sure you won't make another change, you can save the page by cutting the text from the Notepad to the editing area. Don't worry, if there is an error, there will be other users to help. --~~ThePokémonFanSince1995~~-- 00:58, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
Talk page comments
Please don't reply to talk page comments that are over 6 months old as they discussion may already be resolved or the user who started it is no longer around to see the discussion (making the comments pointless). In your case, it is the former.--ForceFire 08:27, 7 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi. I'd like to ask that you take more care in creating articles going forward. If you want to create a new page, please create it in your userspace. When you think the page is ready, please ask a staff member if it can be moved into the mainspace. New mainspace pages are supposed to be approved by staff, as a rule.
Please also keep in mind that articles with barely any information, like Jarvis, Azoth Kingdom, and , are not really good articles. You should either find a way to fill out a page substantially or wait until there's actually substantial information to include.
- Yeah, I know that's how things are supposed to be, but here's the problem;
- -There are already pages with minimal information, such as Leona's parents, which only exist out of necessity.
- -There are pages whose information is already known, but nobody has bothered to create them(not even for future mainspacing), which would be the bulk of the pages I created.
- -Some pages simply cannot have a lot of information, because there isn't any, which would be the bulk of the staff information.
- The primary reason why I created those pages is because someone could actually add information into them without searching for the necessary templates or whatever.
- I will be taking your comments seriously, though, and I will probably try to make a few of the necessary pages in the userpage(if you tell me how to create them here as subpages). Trainer Yusuf (talk) 10:33, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
- If there are any such factors that deserve consideration, staff are well able to do so when deciding whether a page should be mainspaced.
- You create a page in your userspace simply by typing in an appropriate URL. One way you can do that is to simply go to the URL for your user page, at User:Trainer Yusuf, and then simply type "/" and the name of the page you want to create after that, like "/Jarvis", resulting in User:Trainer Yusuf/Jarvis. Or if you go to the page you want to create you can just insert "User:Trainer Yusuf/" before the title, resulting in the same thing. Tiddlywinks (talk) 14:53, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
Generation I learnset pages
I have checked every Pokémon learnset page on the wiki against the game data, and can confirm everything on these pages (other than event-exclusive moves) is 100% correct. If Serebii conflicts with Bulbapedia on the learned moves listed on any Generation I Pokémon learnset page, Serebii is wrong.
To be fair, I did run these checks before we transitioned to the new split learnset tables, so it's possible errors were introduced at that time. I will run another comparison once all of the pages are updated to the new format. --SnorlaxMonster 09:49, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Also, I did not check pre-evolution moves, but again, that would appear as an internal contradiction rather than a conflict with Serebii. --SnorlaxMonster 09:50, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
There still seems to be certain errors in the individual move pages, such as Take Down(which I had to fix recently), so there might be other conflicts remaining. Here's the entire list of supposed contradictions:
Electrode->Skull Bash, Rage
Horn Drill->Horsea, Seadra, Omanyte, Nidoran Male(as TM)
Yes, I know you said you fact checked everything, but so has Serebii[] Hence the issue.
I won't be going on the individual pages now, though. Thanks.Trainer Yusuf (talk) 09:55, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah, the individual move pages likely do still have errors. I have not checked those against learnlist pages or game data yet, but I intend to. --SnorlaxMonster 10:13, 8 March 2016 (UTC)
You changed the Illuminate article to state that it only has its effect in Emerald onwards. Why did you make this change? Are you certain that Illuminate has no effect at all in Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen? --SnorlaxMonster 01:42, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
No, that was wrong. I forgot that Illuminate only has an outside of battle effect. Feel free to correct it.Trainer Yusuf (talk) 15:54, 20 March 2016 (UTC)