Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
- Its overall effect isn't negative, because of the Speed boost. At least, I assume that's why it isn't in the Abilities with negative effects category. --Shiny NoctowlTalk|Trivia quiz 15:31, 9 September 2007 (UTC)
Lowers to 80%
- Is it a hard 20% or soft?
In other words. Lowering a 50% move to 30% is a hard 20%. Lowering it to 40% ( which is 80% of 50% ) is soft.--Chromehawk 20:16, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
Move That Cannot Miss Error
Hustle still gives the 50% Attack boost to moves that cannot miss. I tested this with Aerial Ace and Pluck, two moves with equal base power, on a Hustle Delibird. They both hit Porygon2 for the same damage (did this in the Doubles Subway, so I could see the exact damage). Aerial Ace did 58 damage on the first hit, 61 on the second, and 63 on the third. Pluck did 61 damage on the first hit, 57 on the second, and 62 on the third.
- In what game and generation did you test this in? Give it another test on the most recent Pokemon games and if this still holds water, then it should be noted in the Trivia section that Cheren's information on the ability is false. Chicobo329 (talk) 07:52, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- White 2, Gen V. I'd test it in the first Black/White games, but I don't have the TM for Pluck on my Black version. But yeah, his explanation for the ability isn't correct in the newest game for sure. Starmourn
- If you ask Cheren over the Xtransceiver to explain how Hustle works, he says "Hustle, huh... This Ability raises the Pokemon's Attack but lower its accuracy. This has no effect on moves that are sure hits. You should remember that." That's where the confusion started, lols. Starmourn