Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
|Due to special coding in place in the article to illustrate Frillish's gender differences, certain displays will change showing female Frillish. This will only affect the sprites within the evobox. This changes every hour, so when the time comes, click to return to the page and change the display.|
In the Origins section, is it possible that this Pokemon is based on the Sea Angel rather than the jellyfish? --Oleandervine 02:35, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- The biology is wrong for a sea angel. Pururiru has tentacles, not wings, or a body-shape closer to Manaphy and Phione. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 03:27, 5 October 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, probably. Does anyone know which Pokémon was in the other Musical pre-release picture? --SnorlaxMonster 09:00, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
- You mean Dageki? Ataro 11:12, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
- I don't the sprite matches up. It appears the other one is a short green thing, probably a grass type because of the flower petal on top, though that could be an accessory. It's Turtwig A! My talk or wiki edits 11:53, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
I know it's standard.
But do people really have to wait to see an alternate forme or gender difference of a Pokémon? This is an encyclopedia and we should have all info and pictures at all times, viewers shouldn't have to wait for a second to see the other forme/gender. I believe we need a different way, whether we make "Pururiru (Pokémon)/male" and "Pururiru (Pokémon)/female" or what, I don't like the way we do this at all. Now, again I know it's standard and I know you'll probably think, "well it's just your opinion". But please be open-minded. --Landfish7 21:53, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
- I agree. I am Darth Mewtwo... Fear me, and my team made entirely of Mewtwo!!! 03:11, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
Even though Pururiru and its evolution's species are the Floating Pokémon, and Pururiru has been seen floating in the anime, they don't have the ability Levitate. This is even more notable due to the fact that Levitate's japanese name is Floating.
So why is it flawed? XVuvuzela2010X 23:41, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
First off, your implying that floating refers to hovering in the air, when logically in this case "float" refers to drifting in water similar to real life jellyfish and similar organisms. Yes I understand that the Japanese name for Levitate is Floating, but there is still differences between definitions.
Second, yes it does float, good to know Einstein. However, so do many other Pokémon (notably varies Ghost types, Psychic types, Bug types, Legendaries, fully aquatic Water types* etc.) at one point or another but they don't have levitate ether, making it not notable enough for trivia. Ninterror 14:52, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- Since Pururiru has been confirmed to be able to hover, that's just speculation.
While I can't comment on the manga, fish Pokemon are not supposed to be levitating in the 3d games, they are meant to appear as if they are in water. If it is notable enough to be on other pages, then it is most definitely notable enough to be on Pururiru's page and Burungel's page. Also, try to be more civil in your comments next time. XVuvuzela2010X 19:31, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
Just because it was apparently on certain pages, doesn't mean its should deserve notability elsewhere, especially with the flaws in said trivia.
...But if you're really that desperate to add this trivia apparently, just say "Puruiru has been seen in the anime floating, but cannot have the levitate ability" or something similar. Don't add the floating species name beef and don't add it to Burungels page to avoid speculation, and we should be fine for now. Ninterror 21:19, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- You still haven't provided any concrete evidence, your opinion is that it may be due to floating in water, so the "beef" about the species names will stay. Besides, both Pururiru and Burungel were protected by the admins because you were constantly reverting the edits, even after I invited you to discuss it on the talk page, Not only that, but you keep violating another policy. XVuvuzela2010X 21:45, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
I'm not the only one breaking the policy you know, considering you were in the moment too with all the undoing and stuff. Besides, its just a minor section of the page, not something super important or anything. So why are you trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill? Ninterror 23:29, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, I reverted your edit on each page once, which complies with Bulbapedia's policies. I'm happy to just leave this discussion now if that's fine with you, since the trivia is on the page, and if it didn't need to be there an admin would have deleted it. XVuvuzela2010X 23:46, 18 February 2011 (UTC)
Why was my addition removed? The Pokedex entry says specifically that Frillish poisons yet Frillish can learn no moves that poison (besides the use of a TM)I stated this in the 'trivia' area and it was removed.--Shokukun 19:35, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- While it is probably notable, at this point we're trying to stay away from the trivia sections and trying to focus more on the actual quality and growth of the article itself and less on the trivia. --P S Yライダー☮ 19:37, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
Dream World "sex change"
I used my female Frillish on the Dream World today, but, despite it being female, and Dream World artwork existing for the female, it had the appearance of a male Frillish. However, it still said in its info that it was female. This has also happened with my female Jellicent, it also had the appearance of a male. Is there any explanation for this? And does it also happen with Unfezant? Do these artworks even see any use? I've wondered about this since I first seen the Dream World art for Castform. XVuvuzela2010X 14:43, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- Has anyone else had the chance to double check this? Could be region exclusive, or something (probably not, but...)? XVuvuzela2010X 17:56, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
Ok I got the Pokedex entry from Bianca's Pokédex, but I could not figure out what one word was saying (it wasn't clear) I have this so far "Frillish, the Floating Pokémon. Frillish numbs its opponets with its poison as it binds its (unknown word) with its thin feel like tenticles". Can someone else kindly finish filling that in. I've hidden everything else on the page already. Thanks! --Pokemaster97 13:52, 15 October 2011 (UTC)