Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
After obtaining the Diploma, how do you look at it again?
----HoennMaster 15:23, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
- Talk to the same person. --Shiningpikablu252 15:24, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
List of diploma locations
I've created a list of locations of the diploma in each generation, but I can only remember the location for RGBY and FRLG. This list needs completing by anyone who knows the locations. TIMMY 10:52, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lilycove_City#Cove_Lily_Motel I'll edit that in now MasterRichmond 10:59, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Gen II Picture
- I got mine which I can upload. I'm pretty sure there's another diploma for gen 3 and 4 though as the ones there are only regional. If somebody has the national diplomas for those generations they should upload them.MasterRichmond 08:36, 15 December 2008 (UTC)
Oh crap. I managed to get all Hoenn 202 in R/S (via cheats ._. had no idea then about version-exclusives and evolution via trade D:) but 386? How the hell I am even supossed to unlock National Mode when I have you-know-what. Marked +-+-+ 16:57, 5 September 2011 (UTC) PS.I think I can get FR/LG regional in near future, 19 missing. Most of missing are version-exclusives, the other are Hitmonlee, Kabuto(ps) and Dragonite. (stupid 60 national stuff ._. god that's just screwed. I don't think if I am able to do that AGAIN.)
- Well nevermind now. Just acquired National Dex in Ruby after trading with LeafGreen. :D Marked +-+-+ 18:41, 2 February 2012 (UTC)
Phione in Gen VI
I did not get Phione on my Pokemon X version, but was still given the diploma, so I don't see where the information that it is required could have come from. Mongoose (talk) 21:19, 6 January 2015 (UTC)
- At some point, I got the impression that the diplomas don't actually check specific Pokemon, but instead only count how many Pokemon you've seen (species, that is; perhaps in the correct range, for non-National Dex diplomas). Maybe it's only true for some games, or maybe I was completely wrong, but it may well deserve double-checking (even for different types of diplomas in the same game). Tiddlywinks (talk) 00:22, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
How are Blue Pentagon diplomas different?
How exactly are diplomas gotten when you complete the dex with all Blue Pentagon pokemon different? I have completed all 3 Kalos dexs and Nat Dex without all BP pokemon and can't see anything different between the diplomas in this [video|https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAyhSlHLBl0] which was completed before Bank and my diplomas. (Although the colours might slightly different but I put this down to comparing a YT video with my 3DS XL). The only difference I can see is that I don't get a crown on the Pokedex for the 3 Kalos dexes though in every other respect the game treats me as having completed them, I do get the crown for the Nat Dex however Snorlax Monster seems to fix my edits a lot. (talk) 20:28, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
- I just tested it by completing my Central Kalos dex with BP pokemon, non-BP diplomas don't say 'solely' JMVB - I don't what to put here. (talk) 17:38, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Is it possible to get a diploma in these versions? Some Pokemon have to be brought over from Generation 1, and I am not sure if Korean games can trade with any (probably Japanese?). Eridanus (talk) 12:08, 7 March 2015 (UTC) PS. Also on that matter, we need the name for the diploma from these games (if impossible, one can always hack in all the Pokemon). Eridanus (talk) 12:08, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Apparently the Korean Time Capsule can be enabled with an English-language game, and it can successfully trade with English GSC without excessive glitches, so it's entirely reasonable that you could complete the Pokédex. Google doesn't offer me any info on trading from Japanese to Korean games, though I imagine that would be the one to break it, since from what I can tell, the Korean games were developed off of the international versions. --Abcboy (talk) 16:40, 7 March 2015 (UTC)