Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Could be read wrong
Mankey gleefully aped Ash - that has a lot of potential to be read wrong... - Jshadias 08:27, 18 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Heh, that guy must have liked puns. But should this be at Anthony's Primeape, because Ash gave him to Anthony for training? Aiddat 14:38, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- Ash said he would come back for it; he didn't give it to Anthony. --Argy 15:05, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- Oh ok. Aiddat 15:06, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
Should the fact that Primeape spend one episode as Mankey really be included in the table given that Ash didn't capture it until after it evolved? Watchermark 17:07, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yes it should, because it evolved onscreen prior to its capture, a truly unique circumstance. I mean, we don't know how long Paul's Gliscor was a Gligar, if it was at all. But this is different. We know that it was a Mankey at some point. Missingno. Master wants YOU! Join the Order of the Glitch! (my talk page) 11:15, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
"During Pokémon Sunday of June 27th, 2010, presenter Shokotan the chosen in her ideal team for Ash." Something is wrong here, I think a word might be missing, but I'm not sure what. --Burgundy 19:33, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
Spent >1 episode as Mankey?
I know Primeape was originally a Wild Mankey, but saying Ash's Primeape was a Mankey for less than 1 episode? Usually that means that someones Pokémon spent # of episodes as a pre-evolved form. But Ash didn't own Primeape as a Mankey, so shouldn't this be corrected? Satoshi101 02:51, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
- Are you saying that individual Pokémon was not shown as a Mankey for >1 episode? It's not an article about the individual while it was under Ash's ownership. It's an article that is about the individual Pokémon. Werdnae (talk) 02:55, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
I don't mean to nag, but it doesn't make any sense to me that Primeape is labeled as being "in training" when Ash has never used it even once since he left it with Anthony. I mean, why would he leave it to train if he's not going to even use it? It's a bit cruel to just forget and leave it behind. And it doesn't matter if it was merely hinted that Primeape would return, since Ash has told several Pokémon (Pidgeot for example) that he'd come back for them, and yet they somehow never show up again.
In short, I think it's best to move Primeape to either the "Released" or "Given Away" section of his Pokémon template until he ever uses it again (which is highly unlikely, but that's beside the point). IIRC, we did do that for Gliscor until it finally came back to participate in the Sinnoh League; Primeape isn't any different. ☆GamerGeek☆ 04:18, 18 January 2013 (UTC)
- I disagree. Notice how Primeape is included in this image with his currently owned Pokémon while his released Pokémon (Butterfree, Pidgeot, Lapras) are not. If he did truly release it, why would they decide to put it here when they didn't put his other released Pokémon?
- Primeape also appears in Ash's Pokémon lineup in Spurt! with all his owned Pokémon at the time. Ash's released Pokémon are also separated from the lineup.