Welcome to Bulbapedia, LugiaFan!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. You will have to register separately for it, as well. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:LugiaFan/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page. Thank you. --Porygon-Z 17:40, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- OK Thanks for reminding me. LugiaRules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 17:51, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
- Even after being reminded, you are continuing to make too much Userspace edits. Slow down and concentrate on the mainspace. Use the "Show Preview button" before saving the page after editing. It will show you the changes you made without saving the page so that you can easily identify any mistakes you have made and correct them. Then save the page.--Misty-May-Dawn rulz 13:20, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
Please Can I Join Your Lugia Fan Club? Pokemonboy 13:52, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
- Sure just add the Userbox and add your name. LugiaRules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 13:53, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
Um Sorry i do not have a userpage and also i do not know how to create one but... could i join anyway??? Pokemonboy 18:51, 7 August 2008 (UTC)
THANKS!!! Pokemonboy 16:16, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
Slow down on editing the User Space.The more you edit it, the more likely that it will be locked againDCM
- Sorry I lose track of time. LugiaRules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 13:33, 12 August 2008 (UTC)
How do you make User Tags? ShinyPiKa 04:27, 1 September 2008 (UTC) P.S. Thanks for joining The User Post Gazette, tell others to join
- The common user tags usually have a template. But if you want to MAKE one, then you might want to start out by using an existing one as a template.--☆Tavisource 05:43, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
Edit other user's User pages.If they want the tag,they put it on themselvesDCM
I made a new template for The User Post Gazette. Dont forget to add it. Its Template:Paperboy. §hin¥£[email protected] 23:50, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Please discuss the image on the talk page. Baby G 16:02, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry. I was changing my message and my computer slowed down. Lugia Fan Club rules!!!LugiaRules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 21:57, 5 October 2008 (UTC)