User talk:Dark Boye
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Dark Boye!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Dark Boye/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --Martonimos((Argh|Blargh)) 01:12, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- The more you edit the User space, the more likely it will be blockedDCM 01:19, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
RE: Wow, such a traditional user!
Wow, even "kudos to me"... I'm blushing =) !!! However, I'm glad that my user tags were useful ^_^ !
a kiss... bye bye! --DarkSally(complaints department) 13:19, 17 December 2008 (UTC) ps: why do you consider me as a "traditional user"?
-Oh, whoops, sorry Boye 01:04, 26 January 2009 (UTC)Dark Boye
RE: You've got Pal Park, right?
- Er, sincerely speaking, I still haven't got Pal Park (I've got only four medals ^^ !): I've transferred my two Ralts from Sapphire to my sister's game and then I've traded them --DarkSally(complaints department) 18:02, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
I know I don't need to add a signature to my own page, but it looks cool all bolded like that. Makes it seem formal. Cherre Cherre Cherre CherreBomber 05:36, 4 March 2009 (UTC)Cherre
RE: RE: Silcoon
Just noticed your edit summary. To get italics, put two sets of inverted commas around the text, like this:
''italics''. To get bold use three sets, and to get both use five sets. Werdnae (talk) 04:45, 30 October 2009 (UTC)