Talk:Sinnoh Route 212
Ehm, zoday it is not raining on Route 212 (Pastoria-Part) O_o It is dark, but without rain
- 1 Lotad and Lombre Appearence Rate
- 2 Erm?
- 3 Optional
- 4 Full Heal and Max Repel
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Completely unrelated quiestion (almost)
- 7 Protein in DP perhaps changed to Iron in Platinum?
- 8 No Rain?
- 9 heavy rain and clear sky
- 10 Item Mistake?
- 11 Protein Missing from Pearl Version
- 12 Northern Gate
- 13 Socialite Reina DP
Lotad and Lombre Appearence Rate
- Two Pokémon. Hence, the 8% is divided in two. — THE TROM — 08:52, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
So I've recently been migrating Pokemon from Emerald, and while picking berries in the part that's usually rainy, it is thundering and stuff like when in Emerald you are on the route where the Marine Cave is currently. What's going on? Silvermoonstar3 18:04, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- Just like the area around the Weather Institute has rain that will sometimes turn into a thunderstorm, the same happens to R.212 and R.215. It's like the Diamond dust of rain. R.A. Hunter Blade 18:16, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- I added that fact to the Trivia section, mentioning that the two routes have similar weather patterns. --Sting the Trainer 01:50, 6 August 2009 (UTC)
While I was playing Diamond earlier, I realized that Route 212's basically completely optional. There's nothing to gain (aside from training and items) from traversing the route. Shouldn't it be mentioned that it's basically optional, unlike almost every other route in the games? Willstar 03:19, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
Full Heal and Max Repel
South the Honey Tree is a Full Heal, west the Honey Tree is a Max Repel, but I don´t see them in this article. But can anybody verify if this is only in the Platinum version or in both versions. Since I only have Platinum.
Yeah, I'm looking for the Dawn Stone :). But instead found these 2. KrakenNLD 13:40, 1 August 2009 (UTC)
i noticed the trivia note: 'This is the longest route in Sinnoh.', this isn't true, the longest route is seabreak path, shouldn't this be changed to 'This is the longest route in Sinnoh without the help of an event' or something... - unsigned comment from GoldHuksy (talk • contribs)
- I guess Seabreak Path is not considered a route. Also, remember to sign your talk page comments with four tildes (~~~~). UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 21:52, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
- On this page, yes. Other pages have maps ripped directly from the game, or amalgamated from screenshots by users. —darklordtrom 22:41, 27 October 2009 (UTC)
Protein in DP perhaps changed to Iron in Platinum?
The table on this page states that there is a Protein on this route that requires surf to obtain. In my Platinum game I found an Iron at this location instead. Can anyone else confirm this? --Ender Phoenix 23:16, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
Well, I don't know if it is a glitch, but I've never messed with my game. On Diamond, Route 212 gets dark but doesn't rain. In battles, it doesn't rain either. It normally rains, though, just not today. - Pokemonemerfan1954 7:04 PM EST 1 May 2010
- Which side? Because the lower part of the "L" by Pastoria always rains, no matter what. R.A. Hunter Blade 23:06, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
Well, another person also said this was happening. Maybe you should check it out. Do you have Diamond? - Pokemonemerfan1954 7:09 PM EST 1 May 2010
And I just found out that the person that said that said it as on 1 May 2008!!! Check your Diamond, if you have one. - Pokemonemerfan1954 7:14 PM EST 1 May 2010
Is there something special on May 1st? - Pokemonemerfan1954 7:17 PM EST 1 May 2010
Should I put it in the trivia section then? - Pokemonemerfan1954 7:44 PM EST 1 May 2010
That's funny. I was actually going to mention this here yesterday. However... I was playing Platinum. And it happened two days ago. I wonder what the cause is. - Trainer Hunter 00:33, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
- Well, okay, I'll try to be specific here. At the time I believe it was either late April 29th or really early April 30th. So either it's not date theory, it shifted around a bit when making Platinum, or it's not time-based. I don't know what the case is, so... we'll see as it comes, I guess. - Trainer Hunter 00:57, 2 May 2010 (UTC)
For those trying to replicate this, it needs to be a *natural* day (can't just set your clock to May 1). You can trick it by setting it to April 30 23:59 (any year, I used 2017), then waiting 24 hours + 1 minute. As with resetting for swarms, I made sure to start the game immediately, wait for the day to change and then saved. Interestingly, there's also diamond dust in Snowpoint on this day! Asottile (talk) 20:14, 15 May 2017 (UTC)
heavy rain and clear sky
i cant remember which day this route has no rain.It was just normal blue sky.I also met a day with heavy rain(it has lightning storm which really creep me)but i cant read japanese so i dont know which day it is.I look in dairy it was 6japanword 8japanword.Can someone translate it and is it good enough to add in? Meearaimeng 12:23, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
In the southern items it says "Pearl In the Pokémon Mansion front yard (hidden)", but isn't the Pokémon Mansion in the northern part? --Bonabopn 12:53, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. This mistake has to be corrected.
- Also, whoever added the items for platinum did not remove the items that were in the D/P version in the same location (for items in the southern area) so those have to corrected too.
- Ishu bagaria (talk) 21:42, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
Protein Missing from Pearl Version
So, apparently the Protein to the west of the Pokemon Mansion (accessible only with Surf) is completely missing from my retail copy of Pokemon Pearl. Has anyone else experienced something like this, or is now the time to start doubting my sanity? --Ragamander (talk) 21:05, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
- I confirm, the protein dont exist (im playing pokemon pearl). I passed almost half hour searching for the protein at west of pokemon mansion, near all 3 ponds and it is totally missing -- .Rawr! (Talk) 10:12, 24 January 2016 (UTC)
The text (and the corresponding text for Gate) says that the route is blocked until the player defeats Maylene. On Pearl, the only one I own, I can access Route 212 via the Northern Gate without having battling Maylene, all I need to do is visit Solaceon Town. During my playthroughs, I tend to prefer to go to the Great Marsh, as that usually involves a Pokémon I would like to catch, so I do know of this method. However, although the Route is unlocked upon visiting Solaceon Town, it is possible that a different event unlocks this gate - perhaps receiving HM04 in the Lost Tower, or just venturing out into Route 209 after meeting Fantina. Xolotl (talk) 15:51, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
In addition, the note that it is is unblocked only after you beat the Veilstone Gym is (at least partially) false in platinum. All I had to do was go all the way around to the south entrance of the gate on Route 212. So, to get in from the north, is it that you need to actually beat the gym to go in from the north, if you don't go up through the southern gate entrance first? I double-checked and verified that going in Solaceon Town didn't remove the reporters in platinum, like it sounds like it does in Diamond & Pearl. I might test to verify all the triggers on my second run through the game. Zombiedude347 (talk) 19:36, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Socialite Reina DP
This battle also has stronger Pokémon when using the Vs Seeker. One of the intermediate leveled battles involves a level 40 Roselia as seen in the game. The CHOsen One (talk) 07:24, 21 July 2017 (UTC)