This Movie doesn't show Pokemon from the next Gen?
I just noticed that unlike...
- (Gen 1) Mewtwo Strikes Back and Pokemon Movie 2000 which showcased Gen 2 Pokemon
- (Gen 2) Pokemon Heroes which showcased Gen 3 Pokemon
- (Gen 3) Destiny Deoxys, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and Pokemon Rangers and the Mansion of the Sea showcased Gen 4 Pokemon
- (Gen 4) Zoroark the Master of Illusion showcased Gen 5 Pokemon
- (Gen 5) Genosect and the Legend Awakened showcased Gen 6 Pokemon
- (Gen 6) Volcanian and the Mechanical Marvel showcased Gen 7 Pokemon
This movie which is a remake to Mewtwo Strikes Back showcased no Gen 8 Pokemon whatsoever.
People seem to have started covering the movie in character articles in a way which seems redundant: making a separate "In M22" section that says "[character] appeared in MSB’s remake, where they serve the same role as in the original".
Personally, I suggest we approach documenting the movie in the same way as with the two versions of M14: just have a single summary of what the characters do in the movie, while noting any differences should they come up. TheFatPanda (talk) 20:14, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
- M14 is different because it was a movie multi-pack that was released at the same time. M22 is a remake of a movie that was released around two decades ago. And considering the differences between the two movies, it can be said M22 is set in a continuity different from M01's no matter how slight. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 21:51, 9 July 2019 (UTC)
Is there a source for the English title that has been provided? I'm using Serebii and I don't think it was ever confirmed there, at least from the homepage perspective. GrammarFreak01 (talk) 09:15, 28 July 2019 (UTC)