Mitsumi's Wish (Japanese: ミツミの思い Mitsumi's Feelings) is a special chapter of the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! manga.
Following the interference in the Sinnoh League Tournament by the reformed Team Galactic, Cynthia is feeling down. Mitsumi offers her an ice cream, asking her why she looks so down. Cynthia replies that she was looking forward to a fun tournament, but Mitsumi forfeited her match against her and then Team Galactic ruined things, not even Hareta's about to have fun with as he's sleeping after a meal. Mitsumi then offers to resume their battle from where it left off. Cynthia then asks her why she'd want to do that considering her dislike of battles. Mitsumi replies that it's true that she prefers Contests as she talks about the time Professor Rowan taught her about the hearts of Pokémon and she realized their true beauty. As they watched a Feebas evolve into Milotic, the Professor told her that evolution isn't just a means of getting stronger, it's a way of becoming someone new, asking her if she too might be capable of evolving from Team Galactic's pawn into something new. Mitsumi then tells Cynthia however that there's no need to worry and that she'll still use her full strength to defeat her. Cynthia becomes somewhat agitated at this bold claim, as the two of them head onto the field ready for the rematch.
- Cynthia and Mitsumi have a chat after Team Galactic attacks the tournament.
- Mitsumi recalls the time Rowan taught her the true meaning of Pokémon.
- Mitsumi and Cynthia have a battle to settle the score from earlier.
- Feebas (flashback)
- Chimchar (Mitsumi's; flashback)
- Milotic (Mitsumi's; newly evolved; flashback)
- Feebas (evolves; flashback)
- This is the first special chapter to actually be set at the point of the manga where it's placed.
|This article is part of Project Manga, a Bulbapedia project that aims to write comprehensive articles on each series of Pokémon manga.|