Welcome to Bulbapedia, Vhayes1992!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Vhayes1992/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- There are certain restrictions on the content and amount of userspace content a user is allowed. For details, see the Userspace policy
- Unless prior permission is given, no user is permitted to edit another user's page. Furthermore, edits to other users' pages are permitted only if there are problems that spread to other parts of Bulbapedia, such as broken links that appear on the wanted pages, switching out duplicate images that appear on the Archives, etc.
- Fan fictions, missions, riddles, games, and anything else deemed not suitable for the wiki will not be allowed. If you would like to add something, but do not know if it is acceptable, ask an administrator.
- A list of administrators that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Manual of style and Preview
Please follow the manual of style when creating new articles. Especially remember to categorize all new pages. Also, please make use of the Preview button at the bottom of the edit screen. Too many consecutive edits puts stress on the server. --PAK Man Talk 22:37, 21 November 2008 (UTC)
- I was just wondering why the Project Music says you can add a Youtube link.--Vhayes1992 02:13, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Please upload the image according to its "Epicode" and the episode number. For example, upload the image as
EP018.png not simply as
Beauty_and_the_beach.png. Have a good time uploading image. Thank you. ^_^ ×Kevzo8 13:28, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. --Shiningpikablu252 16:32, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Don't start unimportant discussions, such as Diglett's voice being different, in article talk pages. Talk pages are only for discussing how an article can be improved, not about asking why a Pokémon's voice sounds different. And certainly don't add them back once they have been deleted. Thank you. --ケンジのガール 04:22, 16 June 2009 (UTC)
About opening 12
Why would it be a bad idea?--Midnight Blue 21:16, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- It might not be a bad idea, but I don't want other people with objections to the idea, trying to argue with me so.. - Vhayes1992 21:19, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, we should at least change the picture.--Midnight Blue 21:25, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- It was on the first episode dubbed into English. - Vhayes1992 12:14, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- That was my brother, but that's alright anyways. He never goes on anyways. What ever he posted was not me. - Vhayes1992 20:54, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
You were not ending the discussion you were continuing it. What you said could be taken either way. Plus if the discussion is longer than 6 months old we can delete it. That user who posted yesterdays comment should have been Deleted. --Pokemaster97 16:30, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
- Thank's for explaining your action. - 16:31, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
- Wow. Last time I was there, there wasn't much and had only somewhat of an interest. Now it's looking good. Might upload some high-res pics there either today or tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me about the site. - 19:42, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- I have no clue myself. That's why I asked about my page on the forums to see if it was just me. I did not erase it. Look in the history youself. I'm not on Bulbapedia that often anymore, but regardless I hope I can resolve this at some point. -- 02:40, 19 September 2012 (UTC)