Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Pat!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Pat/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Way cool dude
You sir, are a way cool dude! -A guy
- Why thankyou sir! You're not cool! -Pat 09:54, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Not even on your own user talk page. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who ended up getting into an edit war with a sysop over talk page comments the former had erased and wanted to keep erased. Needless to say, Big Johnno ended up blocked and had every single erased comment restored. --Shiningpikablu252 14:12, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- I get that. It's just that it's the welcome template. Honestly, can you give me a decent reason why I should keep it there? -Pat 14:28, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- That's fair enough. But at what point does it become okay to delete it? I don't see it on the talk pages of most users, and I see no complaints about it there either. It's the incredibly blurred line that confuses me. ...And there's something about just being on the Internet that makes me sound like a huge jerk. -Pat 14:36, 20 April 2008 (UTC)