Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
This is an archive. Active discussion should be held on my main talk page.
This page is archived when it reaches 32kb in length (or every February 17th, whichever comes first).
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Missingno000!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Black people play pokemon too
I'm not being racist in anyway; I see all races equally, but do you know where I can find a tag that says "This user is Black"? I'd appreciate it if you helped me.
Slow down on editing the
User: namespace. There are only three userspace edits allowed per day, and you have gone over the limit. Editing your userpage too much will lead to it being locked again. Instead of making multiple small edits, why not instead use the preview button (Alt + Shift + P) to check your edits before saving the page? Thank you. --RexRacer -talk 21:06, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
- And, why were you editing another user's pages. That is only allowed if you are given explicit permission. Were you?--RexRacer -talk 21:14, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Anyone has the right to use the sprites...unless they are braking the rules to make money with them. But you aren't going to do that, so there's not reason why not! Right? :)--☆Tavisource 23:31, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
Do not edit the
User: namespace any more. In the past, we were not allowed to edit our pages at all because of users over-editing their pages. If you edit your page any more today then the privilege for you to edit it will be removed. ---- MAGNEDETH 03:14, 19 February 2009 (UTC)
Your failure to listen to these warnings has resulted in your userspace privileges being taken away. Your privileges may be returned in time. Please, next time listen to us. ---- MAGNEDETH 02:58, 11 March 2009 (UTC)
Please don't go editing pages to reflect stuff based on real-world timeframes. There is absoutely no basis to reflect that the Devon Corporation's research on talking Pokémon may be "complete as of 2009" based on "when the games came out in 2003/2005". It would take a game to give us such basis, and there has been none as of 2009.
The real-world timeframe means absolutely nothing to the timeframes within the Pokémon games. We can have games taking place three years apart come out nearly four years apart, whereas games taking place five years apart come out only about a year and a half apart.
In closing, don't try to apply real-world logic to time in the Pokémon games. You'll get reverted every single time, and pages can be protected because of this. --Shiningpikablu252 21:42, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Removing talk page comments, including the initial welcome template, is prohibited per Bulbapedia's talk page policy. Please do not remove any comments in the future. If you wish to clean old comments away, you should archive your talk page instead. Thank you! --—♥ Jellotalk 22:33, 27 December 2010 (UTC)