User talk:Metal Bird
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Metal Bird!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Please don't put personal crap on encyclopedic pages. Your own opinion is by itself not considered encyclopedic. --Shiningpikablu252 05:15, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
- I agree. Even my opinion's not encyclopedic, and I'm the top contributor! TTEchidnaGSDS! 06:38, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
*April 1, 2007 - The date that marked the ten year anniversary of the start of Ash's journey.
Well first off, we seriosuly would not need a page for April 1, 2007. Secondly, time goes all screwy in the anime, so we don't even know how old Ash currently is. So only make CONFIRMED and useful edits. Thank you. --Theryguy512 11:53, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't remove comments from your talk page for no reason. Trust me, you don't want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former was removing on his own talk page and subsequently had every comment ever made on that page restored. --Shiningpikablu252 04:00, 7 March 2008 (UTC)