Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
User talk:Gelato Gelato
|Welcome to Bulbapedia, Gelato Gelato!|
By creating your account you are now able to edit pages, join discussions, and expand the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia. Before you jump in, here are some ground rules:
Thank you, and have a good time editing here!
Your edit to Regigigas, and other similar issues
You recently edited the Regigigas article on the grounds of "wrong grammar", but the original grammar was correct and you changed it to something incorrect. I've seen you make other similar mistakes in the past, so I'd like to address this on your talk page so your attention is drawn to it, so maybe you won't make the same mistakes in the future.
The original version: The braille pattern is Regigigas's way of showing its anger: its eyes glow red when it is mad.
Your version: The braille pattern is Regigigas' way of showing it's anger by glowing it's eyes red.
- While both Regigigas' and Regigigas's are grammatically correct, Bulbapedia's preferred style is to use only Regigigas's for consistency.
- Its means "belonging to it". It's means "it is". You've repeatedly confused these in your past edits, so please take special care to pay attention to this in the future.
- "Glow" is an intransitive verb. This means it can't take a direct object. Therefore, it's grammatically impossible for something to glow its eyes. The original phrase, its eyes glow red, is grammatically correct.
- A colon (:) is a grammatically acceptable way of connecting two standalone clauses if they are linked in subject matter and the second clause is more specific. There's no need to rephrase the sentence to remove the colon.
1) Don't use the word "you" in articles, as not all articles are walkthroughs. Use "the player" instead.
2) That glitch page you made should go to the list of glitches in gen V page, or something similar. Talk to SnorlaxMonster for that.
3) Do not edit war. You said you didn't want to, yet you went ahead with it. You went to a talk page, great. Did you read my response?
Its versus it's
Since you're still making this mistake, I have to strongly urge you again to be careful about whether you're using its or it's. Its means "belonging to it". It's (with the apostrophe) means "it is". Please don't change these to the wrong one when the correct one is already in the article. Thank you. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 04:42, 29 March 2013 (UTC)