Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, Flystar5555!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- The manual of style is very important. Make sure to read it. It outlines all official policies of Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The P, of course, is accessed easily by holding Shift and pressing the P key, while the é can be accessed using Alt + 130 or Alt + 0233 on a Windows computer, and Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a captial B (which is, again, accessed by holding Shift and pressing the B key). The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy. For an explanation on their use, see the page on shortlinks.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:Flystar5555/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem, can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! Shiningpikablu252 00:18, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Now everyone's nice on this page,kapeesh.Flystar5555 22:34, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
Answer me if you can right here!Flystar5555 22:39, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
It's a wonderland in this page with people talking to me!! And also,how do you sign comments?Flystar5555 22:42, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
I do that already.Flystar5555 22:48, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
But how do I make your name glow like yours PL12?Flystar5555 23:00, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
East Asian character support
I remember that you mentioned being unable to read East Asian characters; that is to say, ・, ☆, and ピカチュウ appear to you as ?, ?, and ?????. I had the same problem, but a short time ago, I stumbled upon a Wikipedia page that explains how to get those characters to display for various OS's. If you're still unable to read Japanese characters, visit Help:Multilingual support (East Asian) and see if you can fix it. --Martonimos((Talk)) 21:02, 17 May 2008 (UTC)