Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Welcome to Bulbapedia, AlienX2008!
As a new user, you may wish to learn a few things that will be useful in your editing:
- For a basic overview of wiki code, see this page.
- Read over the style primer before making your edits. It is a basic outline of Bulbapedia style. For a more in-depth set of rules, see the manual of style.
- Keep an eye on the Messages from the Editor on the main page, to stay informed on current events on Bulbapedia.
- The word Pokémon is spelled with a capital P and an accented é. The é can be accessed by holding Alt and typing either 130 or 0233 on a Windows computer, and by using Option + e, then e again on a Mac. Otherwise, you can easily click it in the character palette below the editbox.
- The word Poké Ball is spelled as two words. The "Poké" part is identical to the four beginning letters in "Pokémon"; "Ball" is spelled with a capital B. The spelling "Pokéball" arises frequently, but is incorrect.
- The word "you" and all forms of it should not be used on encyclopedic pages unless it is a quote from Pokémon or other media. Bulbapedia is an encyclopedia, not a walkthrough.
- On talk pages, please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
- The use of link templates is official policy.
- If you happen to spot a vandal in the recent changes that has not been dealt with, please see this page for how to deal with it.
- A list of pages that are linked to, but have not been created, can be found at this page. A list of short articles that may require more information can be found here, while a list of articles that need improvement can be found here.
- For a future capture, release, trade, or evolution of a Pokémon belonging to a main character of the anime, please do not create or move the page to reflect your suspicions, even if they are shared by many others. Policy here is to wait until the episode in which the event happens takes place is aired, unless there is substantial evidence for the suspicion (such as Brock's Happiny being held in his arms).
- Image uploading is done on Bulbagarden Archives, a separate wiki accessible through the toolbox in the sidebar. This is done so that both Bulbapedia and Bulbanews have access to the images uploaded. To activate your account at the Archives and Bulbanews, please login there using the same username and password you use here on Bulbapedia.
- If you want to make a page about a character you made up, please create it at User:AlienX2008/(name), not merely (name). Bulbapedia's main namespace is reserved for actual, official Pokémon, items, characters, and locations. Also, please try to make sure that subpages are not categorized by templates used within.
- Having said this, please make sure that you do contribute adequately to the main namespace. Bulbapedia is not MySpace or Facebook.
- A list of the admins that you can contact in case of a problem can be found here.
Thank you, and have a good time editing here! --Takoto タコト| サソデイ = 愛 12:17, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
Please do not add glitch Pokémon to the List of Pokémon by National Pokédex number. They are not officially recognized as Pokémon. We already have a List of glitch Pokémon, which is where it should go instead. Thank you. --PAK Man Talk 15:46, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
Rumors and such
I've seen you editing in information from things that are not officially confirmed (such as Movie 11 and 12 U.S. release years) or are rumors. Please don't add them anymore as speculation doesn't belong to Bulbapedia. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 22:47, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason, like you did on my talk page yesterday. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. You should focus on finding the link to an official source confirming the rumors you posted back then instead of trying to hide others' comments. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 17:20, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
- Whats that supposed to mean. AlienX2008
- I KNOW what it means. But when she said "BEFORE" I thought it was an Insult. AlienX2008 07:37, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for your discussions on Charon's talk page. However, we prefer it if you could write ~~~~ when signing your messages, as this will also leave a timestamp saying when you wrote it. Also, try and use "show preview" rather than editing the same page multiple times. Anyway, keep up the good work! — THE TROM — 09:32, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- OK but usualy I do use Preview all the time.I NEVER Save without Previewing.
but on this occasion I kept thinking to write more, So I kept saving cause I wanted to write more of what I was thinking and I also forgot to Sign. AlienX2008 18:40, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- It might help to do all the thinking in one go. Have you noticed how the 'pedia is offline some times? That's because the server can't cope with all the edits we've been making. Hence, try and do it one lot at a time. — THE TROM — 01:28, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Talk Page Comments
Please don't erase talk page comments for no reason. Trust me, you do NOT want to end up like Big Johnno, who got into an edit war with a sysop over comments the former had erased and was trying to keep erased. That user ended up blocked and subsequently had every erased comment restored. --►Ҝəυzø8 05:58, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- I don't need to be told again. besides this is MY talk page so I should do whatever I want.AlienX2008 07:39, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, you should be able to. But unfortunately the rules don't say that. We require everything to be kept, so everyone can see what's been said. — THE TROM — 07:46, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Alright. AlienX2008 07:49, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Odd Keystone Glitch
When I talked to 32 people in The Underground and went back to the Hollowed tower instead of Spiritomb it was a Lv.25 Odd Keystone! in Platinum, it had the cry of Spiritomb, it was ♂, it has: Ominous Wind, Hypnosys, Dream Eater and Faint Attack. it's sprite was just like the Underground's Sprite, it's back sprite was like Spiritomb's back sprite odd keystone except there is no spiritomb, and it's Mini-Sprite is like the sprite form the Bag, it's footprint is just like Spiritomb (which is blank).
It's type was: Ghost/Dark (just like Spiritomb) (My mistake, it was Normal type.) When I battled it it's name was obviously "ODD KEYSTONE" (which is 12 letters). I Caught it with a Dusk ball and its Dex number is 000 replacing DPBox. I was so Excited I accidentally turned off the game without saving the Game but when I went back to see if it was still there but instead a normal Spiritomb appeared. But I do have Sprite pictures such as the Back sprite and the Mini-sprite. Check back for Updates. AlienX2008 15:59, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
ask me any questions I'l answer it. AlienX2008 22:09, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- I know Gizamimi means Notch-eared I'm Japanese, I De-Translated it becuase
Nothed-ear Pichu is fine but it's better de-translated into Gizamimi.AlienX2008 13:25, 8 April 2009 (UTC)
- Have you heard about the Keystone Glitch? AlienX2008 01:56, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Sure. AlienX2008 14:00, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Happy Easter! AlienX2008 16:57, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Could anyone tell me how to make Userboxes please? AlienX2008 02:56, 14 May 2009 (UTC)