Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:Sheer Cold (move)
Just a thought, but someone should try and figure out exactly how much of a level difference it takes to increase the accuracy by a certain percent. Same thing with Fissure, Horn Drill, and Guillotine. Fsilone 00:53, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. At first I thought it was somehow weird when my Groudon hit 5 Fissures in a row, as well as my Kyogre with 5 OHKOs in a row... Of course its accuracy changes. According to Smogon, its accuracy is calculated this way: [(U - T) + 30]%, where U = user level and T = target level Gabriel Rocha (Diby esp) 01:07, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Isn't it obvious? 1U increases it 1%, while 1T decreases it 1%. Me and my fellow torchics agree on this - Sk8torchic. 13:46, 9 July 2009 (UTC)
Is this a special attack? --Qim1 00:17, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- Um. Yes. —darklordtrom 01:12, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
I just used Sheer cold on a much higher level target in Omega Ruby and it worked. Bug Catcher Wade 22:00, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
- As long as the opponent was within 30 levels of your Pokémon, there is a chance it could hit. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 22:52, 13 December 2014 (UTC)
The user was 65 and the target was 100. Is there a chance the rules have changed in Gen 6? Even if it was within 30 levels, the page needs to be reworded. It sounds like an attack from a lower level pokemon will never land. Bug Catcher Wade 05:44, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- Since the only place to find a Lv. 100 is either Battle Maison or Secret Bases... Did either of Pokémon had No Guard? Eridanus (talk) 10:17, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
It was Walrein vs. Blissey, so I don't think they could have. It never seemed to work from full health though. Only when the Blissey was partway down. I don't know if that makes a difference. I could try to do it again, so I could tell you more certainly, but definitely a level 65 Walrein used Sheer Cold on a Poisoned, partially weakened lvl 100 Blissey in a Triple Battle in a secret base in Omega Ruby. Bug Catcher Wade 05:38, 17 December 2014 (UTC)