The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Item duplication glitch
Added to the template! :) OwnageMuch 23:50, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
Obtaining 255 items
Since performing the Pokédex 000 glitch will only increase the number of items by 128, and will fail if it is already above 128 in quantity, how are you supposed to get 255 items? --SnorlaxMonster 06:21, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
- Obtain 129 items first, then toss two of them to get 127. --Chickasaurus 11:53, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
- Seems that I wasn't think straight. That seems quite obvious. --SnorlaxMonster 14:23, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
Item mutation glitch
Since this is basically just an extension of the item mutation glitch, should this page be moved to "item duplication and mutation glitch", and incorporate other ways glitch Pokémon that mutate and duplicate items into this page? --SnorlaxMonster 06:21, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
- I definitely support adding ways in which other glitch Pokémon duplicate items, since 000 aren't the only ones that do it, though I'm not sure if that would make the article too long if we incorporated item mutation. On the other hand, it's basically the same logic, (e.g. 94 #214 mutates the fourth item identifier by +2^4 whereas #218 adds to the fourth item quantity by +2^0) because you're going through the data structure bit by bit once you pass #152, so I support the move.
- It also seems total item changing glitch Pokémon are possible, but only in other language games where glitch Pokémon Dex #153-160 don't freeze on the opponent's side. You can actually do it if you got a hex:ED in link in Japanese Pokémon Yellow, and exploited the Cable Club escape glitch (Safari Zone method). To get it easily, I believe you can do the Fossil conversion glitch in Red and Green then trade its equivalent to that game. --Chickasaurus 11:53, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm all for making it "item duplication and mutation glitch" (which is probably obvious since I suggested it). I think that adding that we can increase the total number of items in the Japanese version would be a good idea, but the problem is that we don't have articles for the Japanese glitch Pokémon (something that I wouldn't oppose). --SnorlaxMonster 14:23, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
Duplicate two item slots per Missingno.
It's possible to duplicate two item slots per Missingno. by switching which item is in the 6th slot during the battle and then catching Missingno.. (This might only work for the first time you catch it.)
- This is true. The quantity of both items is increased by +128, provided that you don't already have at least 128 items in the sixth position. It also works regardless of the number of times you encounter Missingno. or a 000 variant provided that you toss/use the item in the sixth position so that it's less than 128. Alternatively, if you find Missingno when you already have >127 items in the sixth position, you can swap it in battle with an item with quantity less than 128 to duplicate that item instead. If you want to take the glitch even further, then you can link someone with six 000-Dex Pokémon and exploit the Cable Club escape glitch to duplicate items many times in battle. You can do it up to 12 times, but you can use an item mutating glitch Pokémon like PPkMnp to get a specific glitch item called "Lg -" that lets you restart the battle an unlimited number of times when already in battle. Unfortunately this version of "Lg -" is exclusive to Yellow, so you'll likely have to use a fossil/ghost Missingno. for that, as other Missingno. on Yellow tend to freeze the game for whatever reason.   --Chickasaurus 22:09, 18 April 2012 (UTC)