Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Another thing which I can't add because I'm using my mobile
So, X Attack is PlusPower, and X Defend is Defender. What's X Special, X Spec. Def, X Speed, Dire. Hit, and Guard Spec.'s Japanese names? I know that the Attack and Defend were easy because of the TCG using the Japanese names. But it can't be too hard for someone with the Japanese games to go and buy some from the Mart - say, Platinum players who can make a pit stop at Veilstone, perhaps? Satosuke 04:45, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- To answer your question:
- XSpecial: SpecialUP、スペシャルアップ
- XSpec.Def: SpecialGuard、スペシャルガード
- XSpeed: Speeder、スピーダー
- Dire.Hit: YokuAtar、ヨクアタール (derived from "yoku ataru", translated to "hits accurately")
- XAccuracy: CritiCutter、クリティカッター
- GuardSpec.: EffectGuard、エフェクトガード
- --Pizzaman 10:53, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
By how many stages?
I always thought it was just one stage that the stat was raised by, but somebody else told me it was two. This article just say it gets "raised". What is it, actually? Ztobor 03:15, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- It's definitely one stage. I just tested it, and it just said ". . . Attack rose" rather than ". . . Attack rose sharply", and I could also use four on the same Pokémon in the same battle without switching out. Since I didn't have seven of any of them, I tried again, this time using Rock Polish to increase a Geodude's speed to the maximum six level increase, and it wouldn't let me use an X Speed on it, confirming that if it had been two stages, I wouldn't have been able to use four on the same Pokémon. No stat-lowering moves were used in either battle. Werdnae (talk) 04:29, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
Item Call, Skill Call
- I assume Item Call is mostly for things like Berries, but I would assume that skill call would be more for things that actually trigger visibly, like the weather-making abilities, frisk, intimidate, synchronize (could be used on the next mon after the one that inflicted the condition was KO'd), etc. But I could be wrong. The Golux 00:40, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
It seems theyve changed the way X items work, sort of. They actually open up the pokemon menu like using a potion, and you have to select who to give it to. If you select a pokemon that isnt out, the battle screen returns, says "Player used the X Attack! But its not where this item can be used!"
You lose your turn. You do not lose the item.
PowerPlantRaichu 05:18, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- In Generation V, items can be used on Pokémon that cannot receive them. It just says the item fails. --SnorlaxMonster 13:25, 8 February 2012 (UTC)
Locations of X items in RBY
Currently they're only listed as being available in Celadon Department Store. I'm doing a Yellow run where I'm sure I've never bought any X items, but I have an X Special and an X Accuracy, so they must be available as items on the field elsewhere. Any ideas where I might have found these? --Flicky1991 15:33, 22 March 2015 (UTC)