| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
- 1 "anka"
- 2 Lower level moves
- 3 Edit request
- 4 Apparently Incorrect Name Origin
- 5 Removing stat-based trivia
- 6 Emerald sprite
- 7 To get articuno
- 8 Mew learning an accuracy-focusing move and an OHKO move
- 9 why old sugimori art
- 10 Articuno Availability in HeartGold
- 11 Flagged for broken links?
- 12 Ash doesn't mistake Articuno for Ho-Oh
Does anyone have any info on this "anka" that Articuno is supposedly based off? The info I've found says it has nothing to do with ice, more like a phoenix or a roc --Manga-in-a-bottle 07:43, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
Lower level moves
OK i figure asking here is as good as place as any... In games like the generation III how is it that Articuno learns moves at levels like level 13 (Mist) when it is encountered at a much higher level? It can`t be bred or anything to produce a lower level 1. As well how do pokemon start with more than 4 moves work? D558 10:13, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- You can hack them at level 1, and they do have data that you can read without that, because Nintendo was smart enough to realize that people might hack, or that the game might glitch and give people a level 1 Articuno, and there would need to be a moveset. The Dark Fiddler - You enter a poorly lit room... 10:45, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- |heartgolddex=The magnificent seemingly translucent wings of this legendary bird Pokémon are said to be made of ice.
♥02:49, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
Apparently Incorrect Name Origin
OK, so I was just reading the name origin, and I noticed that "arctic" is defined as "corrupted". What on earth is that supposed to mean? Doesn't arctic have to do with the north polar region (ice) of earth? Spenfen
- It pulled out the memory card while saving. That's what's causing global warming. TTEchidna 01:00, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Removing stat-based trivia
I'm going to remove the two trivia points based on Articuno's stats; I don't think they're really trivia-worthy since Articuno is a legendary Pokémon, and as such is expected to have high stats. It's also being compared to another Ice-type legendary, Regice. If any of the admins think these removals have been made in error, please feel free to revert my changes. --PhantomJunkie 07:01, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
It doesn't move. It is static. Jachi 10:50, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
- In-game or ours? Ours certainly moves. --SnorlaxMonster 10:51, 31 December 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry, but my computer shows it static, while any other computer or smartphone shows it moving. This doesn't happen with any pokemon though... Jachi 06:51, 28 January 2012 (UTC)
To get articuno
Do you need to beat the Pokemon League to get Articuno in FR LG? --Pokemon Trainer Bowser Jr. [[ 13:58, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
- No you do not. It is available from before Pokemon League. Jachi 14:26, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
Mew learning an accuracy-focusing move and an OHKO move
From the page's Trivia: "Articuno is the only Pokémon other than Mew, Smeargle and Poliwrath* that is able to learn an accuracy-focusing move and a OHKO move, learning Mind Reader and Sheer Cold. An Articuno using this combination can be fought in the Battle Subway." What is the combination which Mew learns? It learns neither Lock-On nor Mind Reader in any generation.Sk8torchic (talk) 16:04, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
why old sugimori art
- It's to celebrate the 17th anniversary of Red and Green. Sneaking from page to page... It's the page-editing purple ghost... Gengarzilla! 19:42, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Articuno Availability in HeartGold
The availability guide indicates that all 16 badges are required to capture Articuno in HeartGold. This doesn't quite appear to be the case. I currently have only 15 of the badges, and I surfed to the Seafoam Islands from Cinnabar Island, defeated Blaine, and ventured into the caverns below. I wandered around the caves and came across Articuno, and captured it.
So either 16 badges are not actually required, or something in my game has glitched.
Has anyone else experienced something similar to this?
I got here from the Inkay page, as it was flagged for broken links and I was hoping to help. However, when I looked for the broken links, I found nothing wrong with the page. Does anybody know how to remove the template? --TordenOfItami (talk) 03:55, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
Ash doesn't mistake Articuno for Ho-Oh
In the article it states that in the Viridian Pokémon Center, Ash mistook Articuno for Ho-Oh, Although it's very clear that the camera zoomed in on the etching of Zapdos. LuigiBro (talk) 19:23, 11 October 2016 (UTC)