From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
ニンテンドー3DS LL Nintendo 3DS LL
Nintendo 3DS XL
|| July 28, 2012
| N. America:
|| August 19, 2012
|| July 28, 2012
|| August 23, 2012
The Nintendo 3DS XL (Japanese: ニンテンドー3DS LL Nintendo 3DS LL) is a Nintendo 3DS model that was announced on Nintendo Direct on June 21, 2012.
Both screens of the Nintendo 3DS XL are approximately ninety percent larger than the screens of the Nintendo 3DS. The console has an improved battery life, lasting from 3.5 to 6.5 hours. The Nintendo 3DS XL's stylus slot has moved from the back to the right side of the console. The AC adapter is not packaged with the console in Europe and Japan. The console is bundled with a 4GB SD card.
A special Circle Pad Pro for the Nintendo 3DS XL has been released in Japan, being available from November 15, 2012. It has not been released outside of Japan yet.
All releases listed are the year in which the Japanese version was released.
The Nintendo eShop uses the Internet to purchase and download 3DS-exclusive downloadable games (including 3D classics), DSiWare, and Virtual Console games with money uploaded onto the console.
Select Nintendo 3DS retail software titles are available to download via the Nintendo eShop since August 2012.
Via backwards compatibility
The Nintendo 3DS XL can be used to play games playable in the Nintendo DS series of systems, excluding Game Boy Advance games.
The 3DS XL Expansion Slide Pad
Special Pokémon editions
- Pikachu Yellow edition: Yellow Nintendo 3DS XLs which featured Pikachu on the cover were available at Japanese Pokémon Centers starting on August 25, 2012 at a cost of ¥18,900. It was only available as a preorder and could be picked up between the 25th and September 15th. The console sold out in less than a day, with some fans reporting waiting in line for over four hours.
- Charizard edition: A Charizard edition of the Nintendo 3DS XL was announced for Pokémon Centers throughout Japan. It was available to win via a lottery from November 3 to November 26, 2012. If the sales are successful, Nintendo has announced that it will be available for purchase for ¥18,900 from December 15 to January 14 in Japan.
- Eevee edition: An Eevee edition was available to purchase from a lottery until June 30, 2013.
Xerneas Yveltal Blue 3DS XL
Pikachu Yellow 3DS XL box
- In Pokémon X and Y, after starting a new game with Serena, Serena stands up from her bed holding a Pikachu Yellow 3DS XL. Calem is not seen with a 3DS or 3DS XL.
- ↑ Pokémon X and Y cameos | NinDB Forums